2nd chance...

Ray R.
on 4/29/16 7:36 pm - Paterson, NJ

Hello Everyone, 

I've been creeping on this site for quite a long time. I've actually been an inactive member since I considered my first WLS, lap band, back in Dec 2011. I did great, at my highest 375, managed with dedication and perseverance, to lose over 100lbs and dropped to a low weight of 224lbs. However, and i take full responsibility, after getting ulcers and severe acid reflux and not finding my "sweet spot", the lap band became a nuisance more than a friend. I of course took full advantage and threw most of my healthy habits out the window. 

Deciding to not let it beat me, I decided to contemplate the gastric sleeve. so here I am, starting from scratch and looking forward to my second chance, which I always believe. 

I started my new journey again, I had revision from lap-band to sleeve gastrectomy on 4/28.  I'm already home and feeling the temporary buyers remorse (I went through the same thing with lap band).  However, i am so excited about this journey and have been ready for this change in my life. Even though I've never really poster and mostly creeped post, I feel so connected and decided to join since I don't have the same support group that I had with my first surgery. I've always loved the idea of giving back and that's what I intend to do. I have always believe nobody can relate to the struggles of WLS patient than another WLS patient. 

Darcy G.
on 4/29/16 11:18 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Congratulations on your successful revision surgery, and welcome back from lurkdom :) I think we all lurk from time to time. 

Took a long time for my regret to kick in(but still in the icky period for me), but dealing with it now. I know it'll pass for both of us, just gotta hang on and be stubborn :)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

Ray R.
on 4/30/16 4:56 am, edited 4/30/16 12:34 am - Paterson, NJ

Thank you Darcy!!!! I definitely admire you, Ive been following your story and think you're just so strong!!!!

taking it one day at a time....I know in the long run this phase will be nothing but a memory :) 

Darcy G.
on 4/30/16 5:37 am
VSG on 04/07/16

Thank you :)

Not feeling all that strong today... More like... Wat can you do but white knuckle it thru this stuff?

Until it's a memory... Looking forward to that day!

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

cappy11448
on 4/30/16 3:52 am

Congratulations on your revision.  I think you'll love the sleeve.  Its a great tool for managing obesity.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Ray R.
on 4/30/16 4:58 am - Paterson, NJ

Thank you Carol!!! that's what I hear and have read. I'm excited about starting this new journey (not at the moment cause of the pain hahahaha) but I'm definitly excited to put in the work and see results..

I'm not much of a blogger but i figured that would keep me in check....plus my food journal and fitbit :)

obioxiupa
on 4/30/16 11:55 am

Welcome and good luck, I hope your surgery enables you to reach all of your goals.

i had my surgery this week too!

tara

Ray R.
on 4/30/16 1:43 pm - Paterson, NJ

thank you, likewise Tara  :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views