Full liquid help & favorite recipes

slahera28
on 5/2/16 11:19 am, edited 5/2/16 1:57 pm
VSG on 04/27/16

I just started full liquids today and I'm so confused. My plan says 4oz of protein shake with fat free milk. How much of each did you put? I have the EAS individual packets. And also says 4oz of chicken broth and powdered nonfat milk. How much of each did you do? Help please :(

Any full liquid recipes that were good and you enjoyed?

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 5/2/16 12:28 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I imagine most peoples plans will be different than yours, since theyre different surgeons and nuts. That being the case, did your team give you any kind of daily macro goals or just a list of stuff? If you have a goal list you may have to figure it out, after all, thats what we will all have to do post op forever :\

For 4oz of protein shake, i imagine that would be 4oz of the milk + protein. Typically protein is two scoops per 8oz of liquid, so probably 1 scoop (or packet, Im not familiar to be honest)

No clue on the powdered milk and chicken broth, they want you to combine those? Yikes lol

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

hollykim
on 5/2/16 1:36 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 2, 2016 at 6:19 PM Pacific Time, slahera28 wrote:

I just started full liquids today and I'm so confused. My plan says 4oz of protein shake with fat free milk. How much of each did you put? I have the EAS individual packets. And also says 4oz of chicken broth and powdered nonfat milk. How much of each did you do? Help please :(

I would mix up a shake cording to the directions and pour out four ounces of it and put the rest in. The fridge for next meal. 

I personally wouldn't be putting any powdered milk in chicken broth,cause that sounds nasty tome,but I would drink the broth and fresh milk separately, in four ounce measurements each.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/2/16 2:43 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If in doubt, call your surgeon's office for clarification.

For full liquids, I tended to make a large batch of something then portion out smaller amounts. I did this with protein shake, SF pudding + protein powder, cream of chicken soup, etc. (Adding milk to chicken broth sounds kind of gross, IMO, but maybe that's what they want you to do?)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

slahera28
on 5/2/16 2:58 pm
VSG on 04/27/16

I tried it and it tastes so gross. I just bought cream of chicken soup. And devoured it. Slowly of course lol

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views