More Updating...

Darcy G.
on 5/2/16 8:23 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

The C.diff is gone, and the Dr's have worked out what is going on(we think).

I've had IBS for years, but it's gone into a full meltdown after all that time with no food (bowel vacation!) to work on. I've got medications to relax the colon, better nausea medicine, and its enabled me to start actually eating. I wish there were fewer nerve endings in the colon...

Foods I'm managing the past two days...

Pureed refried black beans thinned with a little V8 and a serving of cheese = PROTEIN!!

Mashed potatoes with cheese? PROTEIN!

Instant sugar free pudding with soy milk and protein powder = 12+g protein in three oz.

Got 33g proteinyesterday, 36g today, and no less water than I was getting in. 

I believe that once my innards get used to having food there again, all this pain and drama will cease.

The light at the end of the tunnel has been spotted!

(Forgive typos, tablet typing again.)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

obioxiupa
on 5/2/16 8:28 pm

That is so awesome!  I'm so happy to hear some good news for you!

?

Darcy G.
on 5/2/16 8:36 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

Thank you, so am I! I had started disparing ever getting better...

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

luvmypuggies
on 5/2/16 8:33 pm

Woohoo! (Ding dong)...The wicked c.diff is gone! :)  You must be thrilled to have some more definitive sense of what's going on and how to resolve it.  A relaxed colon sounds like a happy colon.

Congrats! :)

Darcy G.
on 5/2/16 8:39 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

*fist-bump"

Totally thrilled. No moire Flagyl!! Medicine that fights the massive cramping? SO HAPPYT, even if I am sleepy 24/7 now.

kyzze
on 5/2/16 10:48 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Yeah! I am so glad you are starting to feel better!

Kyzze

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/3/16 3:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm glad to hear the good news!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LizTlilwitchy
on 5/3/16 6:38 am - Cincinnati, OH
VSG on 05/06/16

I so hope you feel much better soon Darcy!  I have been pulling for you to get better quickly!

Liz T

5'7" HW: 280, Pre-Op:280, SW:262, M1:-24, M2: In Progress, CW:238  Surgery: VSG on 5/06/16

"Do it until you want to do it."  "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~ Maya Angelou

Ray R.
on 5/3/16 7:13 am - Paterson, NJ

that's awesome!!!  FOOD!!! all I keep thinking is of different recipes I can create!!!!! I'm so excited even for the puree stage!!!! Hope your recovery continues, before you know it when you're -100lbs( just a random number), this will be nothing but a bump in the road!

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/16 1:23 pm

good news! 

keep upping the protein. You really need it! 

Most Active