First post op appointment

Stacey_C
on 5/4/16 12:49 pm
VSG on 04/25/16

Everything went well.  I've been getting in 62 grams of protein daily the last 3 days, 60 oz water and at least 1/2 cup broth each day.  I lost 6 pounds since surgery last week.  I had bounced up 4 pounds right after surgery so those came back off plus the additional 6.  Doc said they typically see more loss the first week but that as long as I am getting my fluids and protein in and following their approved liquid list not to be concerned, the numbers would work them self out. I was content with a 6 pound loss when I went in and am trying to still be content after hearing they usually see more.   Realistically I know there isn't anything more I could possibly do at this point.  My goal has been to be their most compliant patient ever so I have definitely  not consumed anything that would be an issue and haven't had a day yet where I made it to 600 calories so it's just a matter of being patient and trusting the process.  I told him t had been a long time since I had lost six pounds in a week so I would take it and keep following the plan. 

Darcy G.
on 5/4/16 1:00 pm, edited 5/4/16 6:14 am
VSG on 04/07/16

Prrsurgery, I couldn't lose more than 5lbs a month! 6 in a week sounds great. Plus, you're most likely still retaining water from the ordeal your innards have been put thru.

I walked out of the hospital a week later, 16 pounds heavier than my day of surgery. And this is probablyTMI, but I only started wearing undies again this week! Even the ones which were a size too big were painfully tight. (I also had complications, but I can't imagine you're not holding water for a while during healing process.

Congratulations on your protein/water victories! It can only help your healing :)

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

obioxiupa
on 5/4/16 1:03 pm

I'm 10 days post op and down 6 lbs -  I'm happy with it!

luvmypuggies
on 5/4/16 1:42 pm

Just keep on keepin' on.  Everyone loses at different rates, so as long as your calories are at or below targe****er is good and protein is good, then the weight will have no choice but to come off. :)  The first few weeks are pretty wild anyway, including the famous three-week stall, so just settle in and keep the big picture in mind.  Sounds to me like you're doing great, so keep up the good work!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views