guilty of sneaky eating(fries, junk)/over eating within 3 weeks? am I dead? stomach's...

thinnerrebecca
on 5/6/16 8:42 am
VSG on 04/18/16

now wait, wait, I know what you'd say, "you can't without throwing up", but I chewed out my fry really well, and have been sort of eating till I'm full week three is supposed to be pureed foods but I can't seems to find anything decent to eat on my pureed foods list! everything tastes crappy when pureed!!!!!

been three days since I started junking out! I started chewing really well some solid foods  esp since I stay at my mom's till next month I can't resist dinner!!!

now I'm freaking out if I stretched my pouch!!!!

and how big is our pouch supposed to be after 3rd week? (appx.) 150-200ml?

I'm constantly hungry! every hour after my meal I get hungry and after I eat I feel guilty I try to throw up and then I throw up a bit it's all one big messy business the last four days!!!!

I've been miserable about this, is it over? have I stretched my stomach?!!!! help!!? 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/6/16 8:45 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

thinnerrebecca
on 5/6/16 8:48 am
VSG on 04/18/16

that'll certainly help lol

emelar
on 5/6/16 9:00 am - TX

You don't have a pouch, you have a stomach.  A greatly reduced stomach, but a stomach.  RNYers have pouches.

On to your question, no, you probably haven't done irreparable damage, but you need to stop the behavior.  Purees may not look particularly appetizing, but they taste fine.  Use the blender, measure your food, stop pushing the envelope.  If you need to, leave the house during dinner - take a walk, sit out on the porch, go to a movie, go shopping.  Whatever will take you out of the danger zone. 

luvmypuggies
on 5/6/16 9:28 am

I'm going to try to be as gentle as I possibly can here, but the above emoticon is very appropriate!

I'm not sure you really "get it" - your poor little tummy is just a tool.  It's not magic, and you won't lose weight if you don't follow the protocol.  Did you really go through all of this just to blow it after a couple of weeks??!!  Please, please, please, try to get a grip and go back to your post-op plan.  I don't know if you've done any damage (hopefully not), but I'm sure you want to be successful at this, so get back on track asap. Have you considered therapy?  A lot of people here have benefitted tremendously from that, and some doc's offices have some post-op therapy as part of the package.  If being at your mom's house is torture, then maybe you can leave early? You need a supportive environment, not a big spread of food you can't have.

Two things - first, you're "I'm full" sensor is busted due to surgery and it will take many weeks before you can trust any of those signals.  Second, if you're truly feeling physical hunger this close to surgery (as opposed to head hunger), it is often an acid problem disguising itself as hunger.  Take your PPI that the doc usually prescribes post-op, or if it's not working then call and see if they will give you a different one. 

We all want you to be successful.  Please stop beating yourself up about the past, and just get back on track and do the right thing going forward. This is a long journey, so calm down, follow the plan, and it will work.

Chin up, and good luck!! :)

thinnerrebecca
on 5/6/16 12:14 pm
VSG on 04/18/16

I think is just it, head hunger! gaaaawwwddd awful!!! I can't move out yet, until my stomach heals mom wouldn't let me go, I've been off my job and at home it drives me nuts! yeah no point whining abt what was done but I'm glad I posted here :) at least I won't ever forget the objective. thank you! good luck to you too! :)

cappy11448
on 5/6/16 9:31 am

Hi,

I am so sorry that you are struggling with hunger to the point that it is moving you to break with your plan so soon.  I do have some suggestions that might help.

First, I don't think stretching your tummy is the main concern here.  But you do need to worry about damaging the surgery site and causing a leak.  This would be most unpleasant, so do be careful.

My program skipped the purred stage and just had us chew very, very well.  So I think you are ok doing that. - although we didn't start this until the 4th week.

You may be hungry because you are eating carbohydrates.  Carbs cause food cravings in many of us, and I could not have lost the weight without the commitment to a low carb diet.  I'd suggest cutting the carbs very low (under 25 g per day).  That means that all carbs are coming from dairy and healthy, low carb veggies like broccoli and cauliflower.  Its really hard to give up the carbs.  You'll need to white knuckle it for a couple days, but then the hunger should diminish significantly.

I don't want to be critical, but I just want you to know that you'll defeat yourself if you don't follow your plan. the sleeve is a tool but it only works if you use it right.  I want you to succeed.

best of luck,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

thinnerrebecca
on 5/6/16 12:16 pm
VSG on 04/18/16

oh I've never kept a check on carbs since I was obsessed with my protein intake! guess I'll try that too :) thank you lots! good luck!!! :)

ubserved
on 5/6/16 9:47 am

I'm not Willie Wonka, so I am not going to sugar coat it for you. I have a reputation for being brutally honest, but then that's just me. You are an idiot if you continue the habits you are on. Not only that, you are risking your life. If you are 3 weeks out, your stomach isn't healed yet. You shouldn't be on anything more than purees at this point. If you are constantly hungry, it is more than likely acid buildup. You need to take your acid reducer, if you don't have one, call your doctor. You are risking rupturing your stomach, if you do that, what you eat will spill into your abdominal cavity, you will get peritontis and die.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/6/16 1:17 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Funny advice from someone who ate an entire sandwich 8 weeks out.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views