3 weeks post op

Courage2Enjoy
on 5/23/16 11:14 am
VSG on 04/28/16

So today is exactly 3 weeks post op!  43 lbs down since January, when I started this journey, and 22 lbs down since my surgery.  I am extremely happy with my progress thus far.  I still have some areas to work on: drinking more water and getting closer to 60 g of protein a day.  

Today I start my 2 week soft protein phase.  I am so excited, and hopefully I can get closer to my protein.  I am going to try some tuna and see how that goes.  For me, I don't feel hunger which is so great because prior to surgery I was constantly hungry.  I am pretty sure that part of it was mental and at work people tend to eat out a lot or make something in the lounge and the smell triggers some mental spot where for a split second I feel hungry. But I take a sip of water and think about it and realize I am not hungry.  

One thing I found was a drink called Lift.  It was lemon flavored 20 g of protein and only 2 net carbs.  Dietitian gave the okay and I've found it's easier for me to drink rather than the shake.  It takes me nearly 3 hours to get one down.

Any ideas on soft protein recipes?  I am going to check out that forum but I like roaming here. 

Cldavis04
on 5/19/16 6:19 pm, edited 5/19/16 11:19 am
VSG on 04/21/16

Congrats on your progress!!  

I'm 4 weeks post op today.  I've lost only 13.8 pounds since surgery and 23.2 pounds since the pre-op diet. I struggled with a long 2 1/2 week slow progress/stall, but the scales are moving again. Despite the scale, I feel much better, just still struggling with intermittent nausea and and energy on occasion.

I have found as you can start adding some protein it is a lot easier to get to your 60g per day (and increases energy).  If not on it, very close. I find easier to avoid temptations since I'm not hungry!  I see foods that I would want but have no desire for them. 

Keep up the great work!!

Courage2Enjoy
on 5/22/16 3:48 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Same to you Cldavis04!  Keep it up.  Yeah not being hungry helps a lot!  I've been to 2 bday parties and not have any urge to eat the pizza they had! :)

sliminmexico
on 5/20/16 11:54 am

Hola Courage,

I am schedule for surgery in August. I just joined this website and enjoyed reading your post because you are so positive. When you find those protein recipes, be sure to share - this might be a problem for me post surgery, who knows.

Thanks for your post.

Courage2Enjoy
on 5/22/16 3:49 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Thanks, Sliminmexico!  August will be here before you know it!  I will definitely share!!

seabexlose
on 5/20/16 11:17 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Someone mentioned Lift in my support group this week.  Where do you buy it?

Courage2Enjoy
on 5/22/16 3:50 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Seabexlose, I found them at Walmart.  I found 3 flavors: Lemon, Orange, and a berry.  Haven't tried the berry and my fav. is the orange.  They have other things like bars and such but I am still in the soft protein stage so I didn't take a good look and not sure how many carbs.

LizTlilwitchy
on 5/23/16 11:52 am - Cincinnati, OH
VSG on 05/06/16
On May 23, 2016 at 6:14 PM Pacific Time, Courage2Enjoy wrote:

So today is exactly 3 weeks post op!  43 lbs down since January, when I started this journey, and 22 lbs down since my surgery.  I am extremely happy with my progress thus far.  I still have some areas to work on: drinking more water and getting closer to 60 g of protein a day.  

Today I start my 2 week soft protein phase.  I am so excited, and hopefully I can get closer to my protein.  I am going to try some tuna and see how that goes.  For me, I don't feel hunger which is so great because prior to surgery I was constantly hungry.  I am pretty sure that part of it was mental and at work people tend to eat out a lot or make something in the lounge and the smell triggers some mental spot where for a split second I feel hungry. But I take a sip of water and think about it and realize I am not hungry.  

One thing I found was a drink called Lift.  It was lemon flavored 20 g of protein and only 2 net carbs.  Dietitian gave the okay and I've found it's easier for me to drink rather than the shake.  It takes me nearly 3 hours to get one down.

Any ideas on soft protein recipes?  I am going to check out that forum but I like roaming here. 

There ia a lady on here named Shelly who has an amazing blog with lots of yummy looking recipes that I can't wait to try.  Her blog is http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/. Lots os awesome info!

Liz T

5'7" HW: 280, Pre-Op:280, SW:262, M1:-24, M2: In Progress, CW:238  Surgery: VSG on 5/06/16

"Do it until you want to do it."  "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~ Maya Angelou

Courage2Enjoy
on 5/23/16 12:16 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Awesome, I am going to check it out now!

CMR1075
on 5/24/16 6:33 am
VSG on 01/15/16

I wasn't too creative in that phase of eating. I ate a lot of refried beans with some shredded cheese. That seems to be my favorite besides heating up a little tomato sauce and putting it over ricotta cheese. There is a member on here that has a blog, the world according to eggface. She has some great recipes I tried. I find that a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket is good choice too cause the meat is always real moist and easy to eat. I'm only in month 4 so I don't have a lot to go off of on ideas lol. 

Most Active