Roller Coaster for Sure

Kris R.
on 5/24/16 9:48 am - Walworth, NY

Hi All,

So this journey is a roller coaster.  Some days I feel like I can carry the world on my shoulders and some days I want to crawl in a hole and hide.  I've been stuck on the scale for 2 weeks now and I'm doing everything right.  I've upped my exercise and sure muscle weighs more than fat, but still - I wish the scale could cut me some slack.

I went out on Sunday and bought some new clothes.  This was a really big step for me.  I have some "skinny stuff" in the tubs in the basement that I was able to dig out and wear, but for the most part, I'm just wearing my sloppy fat clothes.  

Anyway, Monday I was all stoked - had my new outfit on, my kids and husband said, you look awesome... I felt good.. I got to work, my walking partner said, let me take your picture and then she sent it to me and BAMMO!!!!! I saw my full self and felt - OMG.. why are you wearing that - you look like a xxhek!  and that did it for me for the rest of the day.  I couldn't shake the (I'm so fat) feeling.  

But today I woke up and told myself, "Self:  enough of the pity party.  You know you're not where you want to be, but dang it, you should be proud that you're not 60 pounds heavier, now get over yourself".  So I did.  And today is better.  

So after this rambling.. I just want everyone to know that this journey can be compared to a roller coaster.  Sometimes you go super fast, or you can go super slow.  You can take turns at high speed or just coast around them.  The dips and the highs are exaggerated depending on what's going on around you.  

In the end though!!! the Ride is well worth it.  So for today - I have the wind blowing my hair, the sun on my face and enjoying the ride.  

Have a great day everyone!

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

seabexlose
on 5/24/16 10:30 am
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Glad today is better.  Hugs!

Courage2Enjoy
on 5/24/16 10:46 am
VSG on 04/28/16

Keep up the hard work!  You'll see more scale progress!

acbbrown
on 5/24/16 10:51 am - Granada Hills, CA

It's definitely a roller coaster. After 5 years, I'm finally learning how to avoid going too high up or too low. 

What helps me is to focus on one day at a time. This is huge for me. I can't change yesterday and I can't control what happens tomorrow. All I have is today. I made a choice to start living in gratitude - every single day without fail I make a gratitude list. Sure, I still get irritated and what not and have my moments, but when I stop and reflect daily on what I'm grateful for, makes it easier to deal with the lows. 

To deal with the scale downers like stalls or small bumps up - I constantly remind myself that I am learning to make the process my goal, not the number on a scale. I celebrate getting through tough days staying on track instead of celebrating weight loss. Sure I still reward myself usually with new clothes but I try not to let myself go too high on the WL emotional coaster. 

Just some rambling thoughts as I sit in the hospital with my mom who had surgery. Lots of time for me to think and reflect. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kelly L.
on 5/24/16 1:31 pm

Hi, yes this way of life is a total roller coaster, I agree 100 %.   I am sure you looked great in your new clothes!   After losing 81 lbs, I still hate seeing myself in a picture though, so I can relate.

I am bummed that I still haven't reached goal and I am out 5 yrs, but I have insulin resistance, so I lose very slowly.   And also, I haven't stayed as strict as I should have, so that doesn't help me.   But I recently lost 36 lbs, so it gives me encouragement that I might can reach my goal without having to have a revision.   I just have to stay on plan and try to keep protein first.   I am bad about getting bored with it.  lol. 

If we both persevere we can do this, keep the faith girl!

Kelly

milaortiz30
on 5/24/16 4:31 pm
VSG on 10/07/15

i hear you i was stuck in the 170s for like 8 weeks lol.  but eventually it all does move.  just keep doing the right things.  i got to my initial goal and then put it down 20lbs more and now i'm almost there and i might move it again because just what you said.  i still look fat in pictures!! even now 82lbs lighter -_- hang in there.  we'll get there!

SW 232  CW 150 GW 140-125 not sure!  Sleeved 10/7/15

my routine:  no carbs, no sugar, workout 3-5x week cardio and weights

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 8:51 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

This is perfectly stated.  Mentally this has been a challenge.  There's been 2xs already in my 10weeks out that I have hit a brick wall with zero loss for 2weeks.  It's always around the time of the month and yet I still moan and groan about it in my head.  I know the next week I'll start dropping again but that doesn't stop the ol brain from self torture.

Also some days I feel great and others I feel a bit sad I can't ever eat 3 slices of stuffed crust pizza like I used to.  I don't even fathom I could eat 1 so it makes me sad.  It was a comfort food.  Then a day or two later I'm like but I get to eat BACON, I love bacon but told myself I couldn't have it because I'm fat.  That's not true though, I can eat bacon and enjoy a slice or two.  Now I can't have a whole pack but who can?

I feel like I've lost weight, I wear smaller clothes, but no one has said hey you look thinner.  So I feel bad.  But I don't want people talking about that and me so why do I want them to on the other hand.

Roller Coaster ... for sure.  I do plan to ride one this November as part of my NSV goals. 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active