Anyone have a "card" for restaurants allowing you to eat off the kids menu or get...

Momofthreeinwis
on 5/24/16 11:56 am
VSG on 05/04/16

I am hoping for an image of one I can print and laminate or copy and paste and make into my own card.   Thank you!

SilverGirl2015
on 5/24/16 12:28 pm

There is nothing good on the kids menu - for the most part.  I usually just order an appetizer or share a a few bites of whatever my husband is having.  

karen98272
on 5/24/16 2:07 pm

Absolutely what we do! ...or...if I know things are going to be slim-pickings for me, I will eat something suitable beforehand, and nibble on vegetables or bites of an appetizer, so I "get myself fed on time/ on schedule".

Most restaurant portions are so large, that sharing w/ my husband or son is completely fine for all involved.

Where there's a WILL, there's a WAY!

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 5/24/16 12:41 pm, edited 5/24/16 5:41 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I have one but don't use it.. the few times I've gone out I just brought the left overs home.  

I don't think a copy you print and laminate yourself would cut it.. if it did, everyone would do that, whether they had surgery or not lol

Can you ask your Dr. for one?  

Renren
on 5/24/16 12:44 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

You can just search online Bariatric Resteraunt Cards and click images. There are a bunch there. I decided not to use one though. I didn't want to share my business with strangers.  I usually just get an extra plate and share with my husband. If I have lunch with a friend I order a cup of soup and maybe pick at a side of veggies. Or check the appetizer and ala'carte section, sometimes you can order just protein ( shrimp, chicken, hamburger patty, etc. ) or just take home leftovers. One Resteraunt meal will feed me many times. Be cautious of kids menus, the meals may be smaller, but they are usually just fried garbage. 

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Kathy S.
on 5/24/16 1:10 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

lisapelly
on 5/24/16 1:59 pm

Yes, everyone is right about the Kids menu's...except sometimes at breakfast I can just a smaller eggs and bacon type of thing.  But some restaurants are not as nice about using the card as others I have found as well.  

I order appetizers a lot or if I do order a full meal it usually lasts several meals so if it's something that you can eat again it isn't bad to take the leftovers.  Or I have learned that I don't need to be a member of the clean plate club...if I leave food I leave it and I enjoy the meal and let the rest go.  

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 8:34 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I have to remember also to not me a member of the clean plate club.  That is such a horrible habit to try and break.  I hear this from a gym instructor once and it's helped me about cleaning my plate.  You have paid for the meal, and if you eat all of it you are going to pay for it again on your hips.  So their recommendation is you paid once, don't overpay for the meal by trying to finish food you just don't need to.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

hollykim
on 5/24/16 3:26 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 24, 2016 at 6:56 PM Pacific Time, Momofthreeinwis wrote:

I am hoping for an image of one I can print and laminate or copy and paste and make into my own card.   Thank you!

restaurants aren't required to honor them just because we chose to have surgery.

Neesie57
on 5/24/16 3:34 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My nutritionist gave me one, but I don't use it.  When my hubby and I order food, we just get one meal, with an extra plate.  We always have to tell them not to split the meal, because we will portion it out on the extra plate.  

If I'm not with my hubby, I will usually order an appetizer, split with a friend, or take the leftovers home for an extra meal or two.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active