Appox 2 months out NSVs

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 7:24 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I had an 8yr old lapland removed and VSG revision done March 14th.  

• My belt is on the last loop and will need to be replaced soon
  • I've gone from a 44 size pants to a very comfortable 40 
  • Button up shirts that I couldn't even think of wearing are all fitting and no button strain
  • I am dressing better for work because I can tuck in my shirt and wear a belt and it looks good
  • My gym shorts need to be tied or they fall off
  • I do not care about eating my trigger foods any more such as cookies, sodas, or chips 
  • I'm not bothered about eating smaller portions except on those occasional high stress days that I'd normally order a pizza.  Then it feels like a bummer that pizza is just not on the menu but once the stressful day is gone so is any desire to eat poorly.
  • All my jackets are too big.  This is a tips I'd give anyone who feels like they are not really loosing weight.  Go put on something you used to wear that's non-stretchy like a rain jacket.  Mine are all too big.
  • I fit so much better in seats like in a theater, or classroom.
  • No one thinks what I'm eating is strange, if you don't bring it up others really are not paying attention to your food as much as you may think they are. 
  • I've not ended up with any food intolerances as of yet at least.
  • Walking is no where near as hard on me as it was, such as walking a 5k used to make me sore for the afternoon.  It's not really a big deal now.
  • I am happy to hop on the scale and see progress.  While it's slowed down from the first month it is still working.  Tip for the ladies skip the scale during the monthly visitor time if you tend to gain water weight.  It's best for mental preservation.
  • My watch will probably need a link out of it, and my wedding ring now fits all the time.  I was having issues wearing it when I'd have any amount of swelling.
  • I bought new smaller underwear, and my bras are fitting so much better.  No longer have to fight with them and feel like they are cutting into me.
  • I thought it was silly when people said... I can now cross my legs.  But crossing them now is so much easier and compact.
  • I HAVE A CHIN.  This is huge for me.
  • Eating less food is less expensive for sure.  Our grocery bill with us both eating less has gone down a lot.
  • I'm starting to feel more confident.  It's not like I wasn't before but I am feeling better, I think I look better, and am feeling that come out a bit in my personality. 
  • I'm excited to talk to my Nut and Doc when I have my appointments, I can't wait to get over to my PCP.
  • I've dropped my BP meds completely, I no longer need ambien to go to sleep, no sleep apnea machine, I do feel like if some things slow down at work I feel like I can drop down on one of my anxiety pills.

Of course you can see in the ticker what I've lost.  But those are just the things that come to my mind right fast.  All I can tell you who are looking for a reason to do this, for those are who are new, or those who gota get back on the wagon.  Find your demon foods and get rid of them.  You will feel like there is no way you go without "ice cream" but I swear in a few weeks you won't even crave it.  Find other things you love that are protein forward, for me it's bacon and cheese.  Finally weigh everything you can and track it.  I'm honestly surprised at how many extra calories I have at the end of the night and I indulge in some fruit, cheese, or lunch meat if I'd like.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

heidikat72
on 5/25/16 7:46 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

wow! talk about a lot of great NSVs! way to go! and what a great inspirational post for pre-ops like me. Thank you for sharing your experience

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 8:30 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Thats very kind of you, thanks.  I know a few months ago the NSV post were great.  Helped me a lot when I felt scared and maybe like I didn't want to do this.  But seeing all the wonderful things that happen to people with weightless really made me feel like marching forward.

KansasPrincess
on 5/25/16 8:33 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

you have a chin.. that made me giggle.. In my case it was "holy crap I have a neck and collar bones, never seen them before"

HEIGHT 5'6" HW: 422.7 CW: 267.8 SURGERY DATE: 10/15/15 GW:160-170 VSG IN TIJUANA MEXICO WITH DR. JAIME PONCE DE LEON- REVISION TO RNY WITH DR. J. STEPHEN SCOTT, KS. 10/16/18

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 10:50 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I have the chineck combo, at this time I'm gaining an actual chin that's not all comboed up with my neck.  It's a family genetics thing which is made worse the more you weigh.  But I'm happy that I am getting a neck and a chin.

Kris R.
on 5/25/16 9:15 am - Walworth, NY

Thanks for posting this.  I to experience almost all of the above, but I forget and how easily I forget how far I've come.  I need to stop looking at how far I need to go.  Keep up the great work, this is so much better than the band.   

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 10:53 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Good point,  looking back and being happy about those NSV do help me moving forward!

Kelly L.
on 5/25/16 10:49 am

Thanks for sharing all the NSV's, you're doing a great job.  Your post is very inspirational and reminds me to look at other signs of success other than the scale.    Thank you!!  Congrats!! 

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/25/16 10:56 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

That darn scale is something else isn't it?  It's your best friend that's there patting on your back and saying "high five you've lost 2lbs". Or it's sitting there as the demon on your shoulder saying "what are you doing wrong? You haven't lost weight in 2 weeks". 

obioxiupa
on 5/25/16 12:10 pm

Great JOB!  Thanks for sharing your progress, and great nsvs.

Vsg April 25th 2016 with Benjamin Shadle.

Starting weight 351, surgery weight 331

M1 -22.2 M2 - 14.2 M3 -8.9 M4 - 12.1 M5 - 4.7

8/22/2016 Lost 60.1 since surgery.  Lost 78.2 overall.

Goals:  1)Get under 300 - done!  Yeah!  2) Get under 280 (Yeah met this on 8/10/16) 3)Get under 268 (stay tuned!)

Most Active