A stall this early out?

breezy25
on 5/28/16 3:58 pm, edited 5/28/16 4:55 pm

I'm 7 weeks post op. I have lost 38 lbs or so. I had a very lengthy liquid diet - including pre and post op it was almost 6 weeks.

So basically since I started food about 3 weeks ago I have lost a very minimal amount of weight....in the last two weeks I've gained and lost the same 2 lbs over and over!

I track everything I eat in MFP, I begun strength training and cardio this week with a trainer....I eat almost no carbs - lean protein like salmon, shrimp, chicken, etc.

My plan says to eat 500 calories and

breezy25
on 5/28/16 4:57 pm

I don't know what is wrong with my post! It didn't complete and won't let me edit it.

My plan says 500 calories and

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/16 8:50 am

As an FYI I have found that using symbols of any kind in a post will cut my post off short and will not allow me to edit the post. Don't use special characters (especially the less than and greater than symbols!)

Stick to your 500 calories per day. You'll break through this normal slow down in weight loss. 

cmarylose
on 5/28/16 6:18 pm

Breezy.. 

An early stall is COMPLETELY NORMAL.  Go to the search function on the right at the top of your screen.  Type in "3 week stall" and you will hundreds of posts!   You are not alone.  This is not a fluke.  This IS part of the process.  Some people get this stall early, some later, most people stall sometime and more than once. 

Your body has gone through major surgery.  You are changing the way you fuel this machine.  The machine is just trying to find a new "normal".   Furthermore... be prepared that many, many people stall along the way.  It's not just one long downward drop.  Keep the faith.  Follow your plan.  Relax.  Weight loss WILL start again IF you are following your plan.  

"Well behaved women rarely make history!"  Laurel Thatcher Ulrich.

Grim_Traveller
on 5/29/16 8:22 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Keep doing what you're doing. You'll do great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

breezy25
on 5/30/16 6:59 pm

Thank you for your replies. I finally lost a tiny bit. I'm not going to hold my breath because I've lost and then gained a couple days later.

I definitely follow the plan. I do sometimes go over my carb goal (which is 15g a day) - but it's never very high.

I guess I didn't realize how long a stall could last!

ubserved
on 5/30/16 7:53 pm

I am about 6 1/2 months post op and I have had probably 3-4 stalls in that time frame, including about the 3-4 week mark. It's frustrating, it's annoying, it's okay to yell at your scale. It will pass....stay focused. Good luck.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views