'head hunger' is hard...and today was hard

ejirish
on 5/31/16 2:29 pm

Over the past few nights its been HOT here in CT, and my husband has  been BBQ'ing- last night he made a gorgeous dinner and I have to admit I almost cried..I would have loved to shove my face with some bbq chix and all of the good stuff...and then to boot I had to clean  it all up b/c thats the deal. 

Today I found out my Grama passed last night... she was 98.5 years old! She was a gentle lovely woman, born and raised in the Bronx... one of a kind. Again,,,all I can think of was - what can I eat? ...I mean isnt that crazy?  I had a good cry- and moved on with my day. 

Later, my husband came home- and I attempted a starbucks latte- ...coffee is my passion after all...I usually drink it black but I thought that would be too harsh- sadly, it tasted like dirt in my mouth :( 

I ended up going home and taking a 3 hour nap- which I havent done since I had  babies... it was really nice and I think my head has reset from the food filmstrip playing in there...on a loop...

The ONLY saving grace is having the sleeve and not feeling that god awful gnawing feeling from your gut- there is nothing worse. My head I can handle. My stomach USED to wear the pants in this family- no more. 

luvmypuggies
on 5/31/16 2:41 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.  You are AWESOME for recognizing the head hunger for what it was, and not giving in to it, especially during such a difficult time. 

yvonnef1964
on 5/31/16 4:26 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Sorry for your loss. Good for you being strong.

cappy11448
on 5/31/16 5:14 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Its really challenging to stay on plan at such stressful times.  You are doing great!  Better than I would do. 

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

iammommy
on 6/1/16 1:09 pm

What a great post! You should be so proud of yourself!  You've broken the cycle of destructive eating habits- isn't it empowering to know that YOU have the control?  

Way to go!

Laura

Sandra R.
on 6/2/16 5:08 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. 

Food is always an easy comfort. But I am glad that you were able to stay away from it ð?'ª?

Most Active