On A Positive Note...

BeautifulMe84
on 6/2/16 9:43 am
VSG on 03/10/16

I have lost 95 pounds since my highest recorded weight of 310 pounds and 50 pounds since I began this VSG weight loss journey. I am beyond PROUD of myself right now. Yes, I complain a lot that I am a slow loser but last week I put my scale away and told myself I'm going to enjoy my life and my journey instead of stressing over what number I see on the scale. I made this decision to become healthy so I can live longer for myself and my family. Can't wait to see what I will feel like (not look like) in another 3 months! 

cnanny
on 6/2/16 9:50 am

Congrats!! Nothing wrong with being a slow loser! In fact, I think it actually benefits us mentally and physically.  It gives our heads time to catch up to what we are seeing in the mirror and our bodies time to adjust to our new physique.  You are doing fabulous, keep it up!!

Dee R.
on 6/2/16 11:14 am - CA

Congrats!!  Awesome work! 

yvonnef1964
on 6/2/16 4:41 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Great job!!!

Kelly L.
on 6/3/16 7:31 pm

Wow, a total of 95 lbs is great!!   You're doing fabulous, and I know you are very proud of yourself.   You have a positive outlook on your journey, and that's good.   Your health and feeling better is what counts, not whats on the scales, so good for you! 

joanne0658
on 6/4/16 11:10 am, edited 6/4/16 4:15 am

Yay You!!!!   you have a very wise perspective.  i'm close to one year post vsg (july 24) and when i don't see the scale move, i put it away knowing i place protein first and BAM . . .  .clothes feel uncomfortably loose . . . . then i hop on the scale, thanking the heavens above and my doc for this ultimate tool! 

btw, it's so cool to be able to do the things that i seriously avoided . . including, but not limited to, day-to-day normal walking 

joanne

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views