What lunch bag do you use?

Donna L.
on 6/17/16 7:22 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Recently, I have to take a day's worth of food with me to my clinicals.  I was looking at this this lunch bag/cooler but it's huge!  I guess I could put my water for the day in it with room to spare for three meals. One slightly smaller might work better.  Shoulder straps are a plus!  I see about 9-10 clients a day and must eat between session, so I need a bag.  

What do you guys use?

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/18/16 12:29 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Wow that is a big bag! I get my lunch bags from llbean. I'd go to sites that are for campers/outdoor enthusiasts like Rei or backcountry. There are some simple cooler bags you can get from the local store in the promotional section since this is the summer period they should have plenty of bags.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Donna L.
on 6/18/16 5:12 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I still have my 30 year old LL Bean backpack.  Darn thing will last forever.  I never thought to check for lunchbags!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

White Dove
on 6/18/16 4:27 am - Warren, OH

The bag is way too big.  I have a pink Fitmark box.  It comes with ice packs, great containers, a protein/pill bottle organizer and has side pockets for your water and other supplies.  The zipper in front makes it easy to get to your food and helps it all stay organized.

http://fitmarkbags.com/fitness-bags/latest-gym-and-fitness-b ags/the-box?color=Pink

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Donna L.
on 6/18/16 5:12 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I'm tempted.  There's a 20% off copon for father's day too.  Hmmmmmm.

White Dove
on 6/18/16 5:35 pm - Warren, OH

I have had mine for years and it still looks new.  The containers are very good quality.  When I travel by plane, I put my license and some money in the front pocket and use it as my personal carry-on.  I pack snacks and fruit in it and get bottled water at the airport.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Donna L.
on 6/19/16 9:56 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Thanks, White Dove!  I am thinking I may snag this because I will be on lots of road trips this year.  I bet it is fabulous for that.  I may also be addicted to amassing ever more shaker bottles! ha.  It would also be nice to have just one bag for work...

Donna L.
on 6/26/16 12:41 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

White Dove, I went ahead and got what you suggested.  Amazon sent me a $50 ebook credit so I figured why not.

Thanks soo much for telling me about Fitmark!

LeapSecond
on 6/18/16 8:37 am - AR

I don't know if you noticed but they have a Crew Cooler Jr. that is 10.25 inches across and looks like it would be a better size for one person. Just search by that name on Amazon.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Neesie57
on 6/18/16 6:51 pm, edited 6/18/16 11:51 am
VSG on 08/04/15

I use this lunch bag from eBags.

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/crew-cooler-jr/221629?productid=10153371

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active