Surgery date moved back.

honeywell
on 6/20/16 9:06 am

So gutted, guys. My surgery date was moved back from 6/30 to 7/14. I know it's only a few weeks but I still feel so upset. My mindset was ready and now I feel like...gosh, more time to mull over this?! Ugh.

And, to top it all off, I was not informed directly. I logged into my surgeon's offices "patient portal" and saw the date was changed. Apparently due to "scheduling conflicts". That's great for them, but really inconveniences someone with a job who's already requested time off.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

PS

Thank you all again for your help with my concerns with telling my best friend about my surgery. I have told her! And so far she has been very supportive! I wouldn't have done it without you all.

Grim_Traveller
on 6/20/16 9:13 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It happens often. Use the extra time to your advantage. Getting a good running start going into surgery gives you a better chance to reach goal.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

honeywell
on 6/20/16 11:20 am

Great advice. Thank you!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/20/16 9:17 am
RNY on 08/05/19

It's OK to be frustrated! When you've got a plan set, and then it changes out of the blue, that totally sucks.

Hang in there, you can do it!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

honeywell
on 6/20/16 11:19 am

Thank you love!!!

Secrets224
on 6/20/16 9:32 am
VSG on 09/27/16

I'm sorry to hear that they have moved your surgery back. I think that sucks, especially when you have to make arrangements and take time off of work and mentally prepare for everything. And its pretty crappy that they didn't call you directly, especially, only 10 days out. I'd be pissed. But hey, extra time is always better than less time in my book. It will be here before your know it and you'll again wonder how it got here so fast. I'm already counting down and I still have 43 days left, which will fly. 

I am so glad to hear that your best friend is supporting you and hasn't turned her back. That is such great news and I'm sure you feel elated that you have her in your corner for this journey! Congratulations!!! :) 

honeywell
on 6/20/16 11:15 am

Trust me, I am pissed. I told the surgery scheduler it's not in inconvenience for them but it certainly is for me. I'm not sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting to have surgery. I have a career and a family that are cooperating with me on this.

Thank you for your kind words. You're such a sweetheart! I will be closer to you on surgery dates now!!

Secrets224
on 6/20/16 11:35 am
VSG on 09/27/16

Oh trust me, I agree! And I have 2 little ones and a husband who works 2 jobs from 6am-7pm between the two of them 6 days a week who has to take off to help me and these kids still need to go to camp during the summer and be picked up and all that. He can't just "switch" his submitted vacation time like I would have to. Believe me, I know. I'm actually scared to put the time in at work because I don't want to have to mark up the in-office "vacation calendar" where everyone writes their days off, just to have to erase it in case something happens. They did assure me that they wouldn't have an issue getting approval or changing the date and could even move my surgery up earlier if i wanted, but i figure, August is fine, it gives me plenty of time to get everything done. I just hope wish they'd be more considerate. Just because its an "elective procedure" doesn't mean it's any less important and scheduling our lives is the same as if it wasn't elective, so they need to be more considerate. Goodness gracious! Well, yes, the good news is that we will be 2 weeks apart for surgery, but i know how frustrated you must be. 

Hey girl, let it out! We're all here for ya! This whole thing was just bad form on their part. 

McLassie
on 6/20/16 10:03 am
VSG on 07/25/16

Oh, bummer! Hang in there. It'll be here before you know it. 

Kelly L.
on 6/20/16 11:15 am

I know it sucks because you were ready.   Try not to be discouraged!   They should have let you know by phone or something, that's not right.

Most Active