Am I itchy or insane??

Hkinzfnp
on 6/22/16 2:00 pm

At this point in my weight loss journey (down 114 from my highest) I have a fair amount of loose skin, especially around my belly area.  It's been itching a ton.  Anyone else experience this??  Cause I'm starting to feel like a nut case!!

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/22/16 2:37 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I haven't experienced it but I know other people on this forum have gone thru that. Document the rash & make sure your Dr documents it also. Your insurance might cover a skin removal procedure (panniculectomy) if there's a chronic condition. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/22/16 2:59 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

It's possible to get a yeast infection in the folds of your skin if it's particularly droopy and you get sweat collecting in there. Wash thoroughly with antibacterial soap and use some body powder.

Your skin can also get really dry, since the loose skin has a bit of a different texture than the stuff that still has fat under it. A really thick moisturizer helps a lot, look for a heavy-duty hand cream with petroleum in it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Hkinzfnp
on 6/22/16 3:19 pm

Good thoughts!  It's not like a yeast thing under the pannis, it's just the regular loose skin on top of my abdomen.  I'll try some heavy duty moisturizer!!  

Highest Weight: 268 pounds.  Surgery Weight 248 pounds.  Current Weight 142 pounds.  VSG 8/24/15 with Dr. Havaleshko

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/22/16 3:38 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

My skin is always itchy and dry during the winter.  I found it became even worse after I dropped a ton of weight, especially my belly area.  Not under the pannis; just on the belly itself.  My stretch marks seem to be itchy.  It's a weird thing. 

I moisturize the hell out of myself to prevent myself from scratching and leaving fingernail marks.  Yep, done that before.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Hkinzfnp
on 6/22/16 3:51 pm

Yes Mo, that's exactly it!!  Like I want to itch all the stretch marks off!!  I'd pretty much decided that I was either crazy or had scabies or something.  Maybe I just need a big ole bottle of lotion.  Thank you so much!!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/22/16 5:17 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I own the crazy label myself, but I hope it's not scabies 

Lotion helps, the heavier, the better.  I also found that using Neutrogena sesame oil while I'm still damp from the shower was a great way to keep my itch off.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/22/16 4:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Not that weird-- lots of pregnant women complain about itchy stretch marks, especially the ones who didn't have them before getting pregnant. Mine itched like a mofo!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Hkinzfnp
on 6/22/16 5:29 pm

I've definitely heard of itchy stretch marks with growing skin, but wasn't sure if it worked in reverse!!  Can't wait to stop at the store and get some lotion!!

Sandra F.
on 6/23/16 7:19 am

My tiny scars on my stomach have caused itching ever since I had the surgery 18 months ago.  I need to lotion up more than I do, which would definitely help. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views