Inspiration from the Cardiologist this morning

Secrets224
on 6/23/16 12:46 pm
VSG on 09/27/16

Had my cardiology pre-op consult today with a very very nice doctor. He was very supportive and encouraging that I was having the VSG and so were his assistants. So that was nice, since you can never tell how people are going to act or react when you tell them that you are having this procedure done. After a fabulous EKG result and examination, he signed off for me with a low risk of any heart complications, so that was good! We chatted for a little bit, and he told me that this surgery is considered a "reset". You can use the tool correctly and it'll work wonders for you. Or... some people abuse it, they do well for a little while and then end up putting back all the weight maybe even more in the long run. So treat it as a second chance to start over and treat your body the right way nutritionally and the sleeve will help you achieve your goals. Thought that was very nice to hear. 

Pulmonary pre-op consult tomorrow and then i'm all done if they don't require any additional testing. Just got to have my endoscopy on 7/6 and then surgery on 8/2! Its coming up fast!!!! :)

Kris R.
on 6/23/16 1:49 pm - Walworth, NY

That's a great way for someone to phrase it.  Thanks for sharing.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Kelly L.
on 6/24/16 4:34 pm

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!  It's good he talked to you so forthcoming about the surgery and was honest with you.

Most Active