what am I doing wrong?

Anita
on 6/23/16 5:50 pm

My surgery was June 6 and I feel terrific.....however.....I haven't lost anything in several days. In fact, I've gained a pound. I'm getting all my protein and water in. I seem to be retaining water.

No, I'm not exercising because I have a torn meniscus that all of a sudden, after 5 years has decided to act up......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So......experts, what am I doing wrong????

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Gilsanchezjr
on 6/23/16 5:54 pm
VSG on 06/07/16

Maybe to much sodium. This may lead to water retention.

Thanks,

HW - 309, SW - 243, CW - 186

Anita
on 6/23/16 7:31 pm

Thanks....I thought that too, but I think it's the heat and not being able to exercise......BUT, if it is as you suggest it might be, I'm going to start tracking sodium from the labels.....I'm not willing to rule anything out.

yvonnef1964
on 6/23/16 5:58 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

You aren't doing anything wrong..  Your body is mad and don't want to give up the weight. You won't lose every day. You will only lose 1 to 2 pounds a week.

Anita
on 6/23/16 7:32 pm

Thanks Yvonne......I'll have to give my body some reasons to not be mad at me.....hmmmmmm.......some nice hot tea might do the trick....LOL.

Naomi S.
on 6/23/16 6:23 pm - Southwest Metro, MN
VSG on 06/03/16

My surgery was three days before yours. Starting Sunday, I was at the same weight for three days, then dropped two pounds yesterday, and and stayed at the same weight today. I'm not letting myself get discouraged on the days the scale doesn't move. If I look at the five days cumulatively, I lost two pounds in five days. I'll take it!

Don't fret about whether the scale moves every day. I've even thought about going to weekly weigh-ins.  

Best wishes to you!

Naomi

Anita
on 6/23/16 7:34 pm

Thanks Naomi.....I'm happy to know that I'm not weird or alone. I'm not discouraged either, but I just wanted to check with my support system to make sure I'm not sabotaging myself by accident.

mylastchance
on 6/23/16 6:34 pm

Yep the verdict is....you're doing nothing wrong.  It is just the way it works.  6 years ago I was right where you are and went through the same thing as did many others.  Just relax,  try, try and yes try not to check the scale.  You may be losing inches at this time.  It is going to come off,  be patient and it will happen.  Stay on track and it will all be good.

Hang in there!!

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Anita
on 6/23/16 7:35 pm

Thanks "My".....your words are very encouraging....I love this board!!! It's a support system that never fails!

mylastchance
on 6/23/16 8:21 pm

Sure thing, when we go through tough times it's such a great thing to realize that others have been in the same shoes.  I had been missing from this board for a very long time.  I checked back in because I needed to find the support of others who are walking in not only the same shoes but down the same path.  People here are so willing to share ideas and we've all had most of the same experiences at one time or another. 

Continued good losing to you and you'll do fine.

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Most Active