Surgery 6/21

randi0516
on 6/24/16 10:07 am

Well I did it, I had my surgery and I survived. I am home now and still trying to figure things out. I have so many medications to take and I am trying to figure out what I need and don't need. I am still having gas pains so I am taking Gas-X for that. I can't wait for all the gas to disappear. I am much more lumpy then I was when I went into the hospital and I weighed more when I got out. I know it is because of all the gas. I am not in a lot of pain however, they had to cut through one of my ab muscles and that hurts the most!!! I have only taken Tylenol for pain and I am fine with that.  I think I picked up a cold at the hospital too because now I am sneezing and have a runny nose. You really take for granted how much your stomach is being used to simple things like sneezing. I can at least sleep on my left side but I have to use a perfectly placed pillow  but hey it works. I have been sipping my water and drinking my protein shakes. Thankfully I have been lucky that I can tolerate it well. Right now I just feel like I have a stomach bug without the vomiting if that makes sense. My tummy feels upset and empty how long did this last for you guys? 

Kelly L.
on 6/24/16 1:31 pm

Congrats on being sleeved and welcome to the losers bench!!     Are you on an acid blocker like a PPI?   It could be acid upsetting your tummy.

randi0516
on 6/24/16 1:57 pm

Yes I am on Pepcid twice a day.

Most Active