Surgery Wednesday!

Findingthefit
on 6/27/16 12:02 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

So this is my first post! My surgery is finally happening. It was originally scheduled for last week but got moved due to a nurses strike at the hospital. I'm super excited and a bit nervous about the whole thing. I've had several surgeries before and they all went wonderfully well. I think this one makes me nervous because I am choosing to have it rather than having to have it. 

I've seen a lot of people post after surgery they feel great. I'm hoping I have the same outcome. 

I'm wondering how quickly you were driving again and doing regular things like mowing the lawn and normal stuff around the house. What took longer to do again?

Feel free to share any advice you have. 

Kathy S.
on 6/27/16 12:55 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sammy2929
on 6/27/16 1:04 pm
VSG on 05/02/16

I was walking(exercising) within a day or two of being home.

Everyone's body heals differently but one thing for sure is you won't be lifting anything over 5 lbs for about 3 to 4 weeks per my doctor anyway. Last thing you want to do is rip your incisions.

As far as mowing, I'm not sure.  You may want to take a few weeks off from that.  A riding lawn mower may cause your incisions to be very sore from bumping up and down.  A push mower may be okay if self propelled. 

You will know what your body can do, but always play it on the side of caution for the first 6 weeks.  You will have a lot of swelling and healing going on.

I say concentrate on your water and protein and leave the hard work to someone else for a few weeks, lol.  Better safe than sorry.

I was driving within 3 days (had to go to pharmacy) but that will also depend on the amount of pain meds you may be using.  I was off them by then.

I was driving the vacuum like a crazy person about 4 days after being home.  As long as you don't move the furniture, you'll be fine.

Best of luck to you!!

Lynn D

Age:52, Height 5'4", HW 299, SW 282.6, Current weight as of 02/22/17 159 lbs.

M1 30, M2 25, M3 30,  M4-9 M5 ? M-6,7,8 25lbs, M 9 1/2 ?

Most Active