Weight loss after the re-sleeve

Finding_Myself09
on 7/20/16 10:40 am

Hello everyone. I am new to this site but I find it very helpful. I was wondering if anyone has been re-sleeved and did they lose weight the at the same pace as they did with the 1st sleeve. Did they hit goal? And was it worth it? Any advice would be helpful. Thanx

Mandyymariee92
on 7/20/16 12:41 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

You can be sleeved twice?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/16 1:05 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

A surgeon can go in and make an existing sleeve smaller.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Finding_Myself09
on 7/27/16 11:40 am

Yes 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/16 12:50 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

A lot depends on WHY someone is being re-sleeved. If they've gained weight because of bad habits (grazing, carbs, etc.) then another surgery isn't going to solve a darned thing. You can eat around ANY surgery, original or revision.

If there's something mechanically wrong with the original surgery, then it's possible that a re-sleeve would increase the restriction. But even then, the (new) sleeve will mature over time and a patient can eventually eat more than s/he could immediately after the operation.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Valerie G.
on 7/21/16 6:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Did you ever get to goal?  You may need more than just to eat less.  We have several sleeve patients revising to the DS after a couple of lack-luster years with the sleeve.  It's not for everyone, but it does give your metabolism a kick in the pants. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Finding_Myself09
on 7/27/16 11:41 am

I have been looking into it thank you for your help

janinemarie
on 7/21/16 7:36 am

Hi, I've posted a few things on this board about me being resleeved.  I had a hernia resting on my stomach and my stomach was too big and disfigured.  It took over a year to get it done and insurance covered it.  I am so happy I redid my sleeve, I've lost more with this surgery than the first and I'm now 17 pounds from goal.  First surgery 2010- revision Dec 2015.  Good luck!  

tabrielle10
on 7/23/16 1:37 pm

wow! who did you resleeve? I really need this done. I gained back 60lbs since I  was sleeved in 2012. can you tell me where this doctor and if he accepts united healthcare medicaid, Im really desperate

janinemarie
on 7/26/16 2:12 pm

Tristate Biatriatrics in Suffern, NY.  I'm not sure about the insurance, they say they do take most insurances.  I can get you more information in want it.  Good luck!

Most Active