Check in July 2015 Sleevers

Smallbites2015
on 7/24/16 5:29 pm

Hi there I just wanted to check and see how everyone is doing. I have about 25 more pounds to goal.

I am not as strict with myself as I should be ... Just broke a three week stall.

Down over 120 lbs now...

Labs ok vitamin d low, every thing else ok

Flabby skin on arms, thighs, belly. But oh well flap on!!

I still can't eat a lot, and my acid reflux can be a beast. Nexium once day helps

Still have at least one protein shake a day...struggling with water

the road ahead!!! 

Anne O.
on 7/24/16 6:22 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

A year later and you still have acid reflux and take nexium every day?  I'm sorry, but that's not very encouraging to a newbie like me (sleeved 6/30) 

You say that nexium helps. only helps? Do you still get acid up your throat and heartburn?

How much can you eat? 

hollykim
on 7/24/16 6:27 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 25, 2016 at 1:22 AM Pacific Time, Anne O. wrote:

A year later and you still have acid reflux and take nexium every day?  I'm sorry, but that's not very encouraging to a newbie like me (sleeved 6/30) 

You say that nexium helps. only helps? Do you still get acid up your throat and heartburn?

How much can you eat? 

I am 6 years out and still have acid reflux. Did your surgeon not tell you that it could be a lasting issue?

Anne O.
on 7/24/16 6:33 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

no. He did not.

Anne O.
on 7/24/16 6:33 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

Is your acid reflux under control with medication?

hollykim
on 7/24/16 7:09 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 25, 2016 at 1:33 AM Pacific Time, Anne O. wrote:

Is your acid reflux under control with medication?

I no longer take Nexium or Pepcid for it. I chose to go off those and to manage it more naturally with activated charcoal and some other herbals. I also make sure to eat every two to three hours cause having something I my stomach helps to use the acid. 

Pit has been about two years since I have gotten it well managed,but I will still have occasions of it if I don't stay on my program.

Anne O.
on 7/24/16 6:36 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

Your profile shows that you had VSG in 2010, DS later and that your had a revision last year What kind of revision? 

hollykim
on 7/24/16 7:05 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 25, 2016 at 1:36 AM Pacific Time, Anne O. wrote:

Your profile shows that you had VSG in 2010, DS later and that your had a revision last year What kind of revision? 

yes,I had Vsg in 2010. In 2013, I asked to be concpverted to the DS,but was given a SADI instead. 

I began having problems with bile reflux, which can. Be a side effect of the SAdI. 

I was also still having acid reflux.

in 2015, I did revise from the SAdI to a true DS. All of these surgeries have a sleeved stomach,hence the acid,which can be a side effect of the sleeve.

Anne O.
on 7/24/16 7:07 pm, edited 7/24/16 12:07 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 06/30/16

Is your reflux under control with medication?  Why did you choose DS if you could have cured your acid reflux with bypass?

hollykim
on 7/24/16 7:14 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 25, 2016 at 2:07 AM Pacific Time, Anne O. wrote:

Is your reflux under control with medication?  Why did you choose DS if you could have cured your acid reflux with bypass?

I already had the sleeve so the next part of that was the DS. I chose to have the DS instead of the bypass because my sleeve has always worked very well and I chose to manage the acid rather than have the bypass,which I didn't think I would be as happy with.

the acid is very well controlled now,as my team is also working on healing my gut.

Most Active