Whatcha eating today? Tuesday, 8/23/2016

Gwen M.
on 8/23/16 4:15 am, edited 8/23/16 4:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Today is the best day because it's massage day!  When I opted to get surgery, I also made 2014 the Year of Kindness for myself and I decided to start getting monthly massages.  I found an awesome massage therapist who has a membership plan, so it works out to $55/month for 60 minutes.  It's a highlight of each month.  My therapist is a super kind and wonderful person and, when my dad died, she gave me a gift card for a free hour massage.  Since it was too challenging to fit in a second massage to a month, due to life, I opted for a TWO HOUR MASSAGE instead.  And that's today!  I'm super excited.  I'm also getting a hair cut. My dad's memorial service is this weekend, and college starts next Monday, so I have all these things to do before I leave on Thursday.  Yesterday was doctors, today is self care - today is superior ;)  

Anyway... 

1: protein shake
2: I'll be out for my errands from 8:30-2 and it doesn't make sense to drive home in between, so I'll be getting a chicken caesar salad at Panera.  It's hard to find a restaurant in the area I'll be that isn't just fried/bready/crap that I don't want in my body.  So Panera it is.  Their salads are reliable and tasty and the stats are solid.  (I eat the chicken first, then the lettuce if I have room, and skip the croutons.)  
3: Mushroom-Sausage Ragu - I'll make pasta for the guys, but only sauce for myself.  I'm working on cleaning out the chest freezer so I can defrost the damn thing. 

liquid and vites - will be on track. I haven't showered yet so I haven't applied my patches, but that'll happen soon.  
exercise - nothing formal planned

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Theduffman27
on 8/23/16 5:35 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Massage day sounds wonderful. The only massage I get is at Planet Fitness on the Hydromassage Beds...LOL...I love it though. We have a Hot Tub that I go in every night and that is so soothing and relaxing.

I had a great week of vacation last week and a horrible week of eating. I threw my program to the curb and am paying the price now. I consumed beer, bread, pie, cookies, crackers, French fries, Poutine, etc, I did not journal and I did not weigh. I am up. I am not complaining as I know what needs to be done and I started the AMAW program today.

B - buddig 100 calorie pack

S- Ham

L - Kielbasa

S - Ham

D - Crock pot roast beef

772 calories / 9 carbs/ 46 fat/ 88 protein

Exercise - am going to run a couple of miles....

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

Stacy_WLS
on 8/23/16 6:12 am

Hi Gwen - great to see you are still around the boards.  I haven't been here in forever.  I'm spending tons of time on crossfit and eat to perform -- eating plan to fuel my workouts/gain muscle.  

I came to the site looking for some of my before pictures, but thought I should drop in here to say hi!  

b - chike

b2 - eggs, bacon, kodiak cakes (maybe or another shake if I'm lazy)

l - turkey, bacon sammie

s - coffee, yogurt & berries

d - maya del sol -- double date night w/ some friends moving away 

s - cottage cheese & berries

I'm trying to get my protein up to 170 g a day and it is a struggle!

exercise - shooting for 15k steps and will hit crossfit this afternoon.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Gwen M.
on 8/23/16 11:53 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi, stranger!  You were bit by the crossfit bug!  How exciting :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Oneillch
on 8/23/16 6:32 am
VSG on 02/04/15

I'm looking forward to a mani-pedi this week, but a massage or a soak in a hot tub sure sounds nice. 

On the menu for today:

B- Eggwhite scramble (made with eggwhites, reduced fat mexican blend cheese, canadian bacon, mushroom & green onion). Just finished & it was filling & YUM!

L- Boiled shrimp over salad with feta cheese, 1/4 avocado & dressed with red wine vinegar.

D- Meatloaf with mashed cauliflower

S1- Homemade soup made with lentils, smoked turkey & mixed greens

S2- Either an apple or cheese stick & almonds

Dee R.
on 8/23/16 6:41 am - CA

A massage sounds like pure heaven!!!  I'm jealous!  I'm trying to kick the carb monster to the curb.  2 days in and I may have already done it.  Thank God!!!

B:  crustless quiche

L: rotisserie chicken w/sauce and cheese

D:  scallops

S:  beef jerky

V:  started

W:  haven't started, but never a problem

E:  3-5 mile walk after work

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

Keith L.
on 8/23/16 7:36 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

B - Macadamia Nuts, Bulletproof Coffee

L - Cabbage and Bacon Chicken Sausage

S - Protein Shake

D - Meatball Pizza Bake

V - They are in my pocket, will take them later this morning

W - Haven't finished my coffee yet, but will start right after

E - 2.5 miles this morning, leg day at the gym tonight plus walking to hit 10,000 steps

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Neesie57
on 8/23/16 10:23 am
VSG on 08/04/15

Started the day off right with a 4 mile hike in the hills in Yorba Linda.  It's an awesome walk with lots of hills and plenty of dog for me to play with on the way around the trail.  I already have 11,000 steps, so it should be a high exercise day.

B: shared a veggie cheese scramble with my hubs, along with cottage cheese and slice tomatoes

S: Light and Fit cherry yogurt with 2 tbls TVP (textured vegetable protein)

L: chicken taco meat with light cheese and sour cream

S: homemade beef jerky (no sugar, very low carb)

D: Don't know yet.  Planning on going to Disneyland, because we can start using our passes again now that summer is almost over.

V: almost done, except for iron and calcium

W: well on my way

E: also well on my way to 15,000, especially if we go to D-Land

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Dee R.
on 8/23/16 10:37 am - CA

I love Yorba Linda!  Anaheim Hills has some great hills to walk too.  That's where I'm headed this weekend! 

perksgirl119
on 8/23/16 10:59 am - SURPRISE, az

Today is the first day of my two weeks liquid diet

1. Protein shake ( caramel premier shake)
  2. tuna for lunch I allowed chicken fish and tuna
  3. sugar free jello or popsicle
  4. fish and a protein shake.

I will also have to cook dinner for my family so i have a pot roast cooking as I'm on my computer.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views