Frisco: My Lunch Today-Chicken Caesar

frisco
on 8/30/16 2:15 pm

My simple, quick and delicious lunch today.

There are two "secret tips" here.

1- The store bought Caesar dressing is cut with greek yogurt and sour cream.

2- The squeeze bottle for dressing application.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

deno
on 8/30/16 2:18 pm

Is this the max you can eat?

frisco
on 8/30/16 3:19 pm, edited 8/30/16 10:20 am

This was just over 2oz. of grilled white chicken with some chopped romaine lettuce and a squeeze of dressing.

No, this is not the max I can eat..... about 3/4.

That said, I see that your new and wish you the best.

I'm near 7 years out and went from 338lbs. to 148lbs. and currently weigh 160lbs. (by choice)

Eating till full/max is a major reason why most of us got fat.

Learning to eat till satisfied is key.

In the WL phase you/we should be eating fixed/measured amounts of food that is under our capacity.

In the rest of your life phase you/we should be eating under our sleeve capacity.

This is very key because all sleeves are not created equal and eventual sleeve capacity varies from a couple oz. to well over 16oz.

Don't ever let anyone tell you that sleeve size does not matter, that person is not informed, it's a major component in a restriction type procedure.

Why am I saying this?

Over eating..... or eating till Max full is about the only way to stretch your sleeve. Don't let any person or doctor tell you that a sleeve won't stretch.... it's human tissue, not steel and even steel can stretch.

*Edit: The larger the sleeve is made, more stretchy tissue is retained and more stretch can occur.

Under eat your sleeve capacity to preserve you restriction for the long haul when your really going to need it !!!

I know that is way more info than you asked for, but I think it's important for all to know because it's never really talked about.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

deno
on 8/31/16 9:00 am

Frisco,

Thanks a lot for going into this in details. That's the reason why I asked because recently I find myself being able to eat more. Adding here the fact that some times I go on the max level, plus the ****ty habit I have to eat quick .. I see myself going to the extreme sometimes. Although I have to admit that what I see from picture, this is how much I eat too .. maybe a little more ... and maybe 1/3 more when I go to the extreme.

I know I have to work on this but I was worried because it started to happen to me recently ... before I didn't have this problem.

I am relatively new. I did the surgery 5 months ago. My max was 450lb, but now I am 300lb . I lost 150lb on 5 months. I still eat super healthy on extreme low carb diet ... but I see myself trying to abuse with quantity. In the other side, I work out a lot and run/walk daily ...

I gonna beat this **** and go to my goal to be less then 200lb (I am tall, so 190-200 is my ultimate goal). I know the sleeve can get scratched, and actually I didn't discuss this with my surgeon, but the questions I have are two . 1 - What is the max it can be stretched? 10% .. 20% ... on long term? and 2 - What is the problem if it gets scratched in years as soon as we have lost the weight and we keep eating healthy on the low-carb diet?

Best to you. You are motivated us a lot.

Deno

jachristmas
on 8/30/16 6:29 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

looks yummy!

AMAZEBALLS
on 8/31/16 4:53 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Yum! Your photos make everything look so much better, presentation is key :)

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Oneillch
on 8/31/16 6:59 am
VSG on 02/04/15

Great suggestion about "cutting" the dressing by mixing it with sour cream & yogurt. Are you using full, low fat or fat-free varieties?

Most Active