Struggling

Donna L.
on 9/21/16 12:34 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Struggling today, so checking in.  A lot has happened.  Was at the ER until 5 am Monday night for chest pain.  My heart is 100% amazing apparently, but my d-dimer levels are high, and there are many other issues it could be.  I've been trying to get a hold of my surgeon's office to schedule the GI stuff (they believe it is GI related) if necessary.   We have nnnno idea what it could be.  It is making me want to eat, of course, so I am redoubling my efforts and staying accountable by posting!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Bufflehead
on 9/21/16 12:45 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

That does sound scary -- I hope they figure it out quickly and can get you taken care of. I completely understand the urge to stress eat! Good job to come by and check in. Please keep us posted to the extent you can/want to. Good luck!

hollykim
on 9/21/16 12:48 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 21, 2016 at 7:34 PM Pacific Time, Meep wrote:

Struggling today, so checking in.  A lot has happened.  Was at the ER until 5 am Monday night for chest pain.  My heart is 100% amazing apparently, but my d-dimer levels are high, and there are many other issues it could be.  I've been trying to get a hold of my surgeon's office to schedule the GI stuff (they believe it is GI related) if necessary.   We have nnnno idea what it could be.  It is making me want to eat, of course, so I am redoubling my efforts and staying accountable by posting!

reflux? Teflux and herd for me ca cause pain up my neck in my jaws and up into my ears, but my heart is in excellent shar per a cardiac cath. 

Do u have reflux?

Donna L.
on 9/22/16 1:53 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I had thought my reflux was well controlled.  I see the bariatric surgeon next week to review other issues it can be.  He's also a very experienced general surgeon (of course) so we're going to discuss the other possibilities too.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/16 1:59 pm

Scary stuff. So sorry you are going through this. Best wishes for getting an answer soon! 

McLassie
on 9/21/16 4:00 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Scary. I hope you're okay. Thinking of you! Let us know what's going on.

Heather L.
on 9/22/16 10:55 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

An elevated D-Dimer indicates blood clot formation.  I would insist on a chest CT to rule out a Pulmonary Embolism (blood clot in the lung). 

I had one in 2009 and it presented exactly like a heart attack with crushing chest pain, elevated heart rate and trouble breathing.

I don't mean to scare you, but this is no joke.

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

Kudzu
on 9/22/16 11:19 am
VSG on 07/28/16

I'm not certain, but I think meep is a nurse practitioner. Im a med tech in a hospital laboratory and while D-Dimer can definitely be elevated in clot formation, it can be such a non-specific test as well. Some of my docs at work refuse to order them because the elevated results can make them chase their tail and they never find out the true reason the test is elevated. I just perform the test!

Donna L.
on 9/22/16 1:53 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I'm a counselor who was a former med student.  Basically, I know enough to be a pain in the butt, heh.

Kudzu
on 9/22/16 1:57 pm
VSG on 07/28/16

I can so relate. I always say that I know JUST enough to be dangerous. Ha. 

Most Active