Head hunger...

Queen_Q89
on 9/28/16 7:37 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

So, I'm doing great so far, and still losing weight!! Today I had TERRIBLE head hunger, but guess what... I pushed through!!! Those sweets cravings were getting at me so much to the point that I almost gave in. I ended up giving myself a pep talk, and evaluating my goals and why I'm dieting in the first place, and I was able to push through what used to be my achilles heel! On another note I've been so preoccupied with eating clean, working out, and raising my daughter that I've started to slack on my studies!! I completed my nursing degree(It was a challenge)! I've had a change of heart and decided to go back to school for my masters in psychology! Im learning that this is a completely different ball game from nursing! Not to mention my nursing mentors think that I'm crazy for this, but I do what my heart tells me! It seems like the more I focus on my health, the less I focus on my education! I hope to find a healthy balance between the two! I find that in my case when I try to make recipes for dinner (philly cheesesteak bell peppers) verses just seasoned protein (grilled chix breast), I tend to hit a stall! Im considering going cold turkey and only having dense proteins, but im afraid that once I get to the maintenance stage I will gain. I desperately need to find balance! Hopefully things will sort themselves out once I'm a bit more seasoned and I find what works for my body! Just blabbing before bed, trying to kick this insomnia!

Anita
on 9/28/16 8:05 pm

Follow your heart (education)....even if you change your mind again after getting your masters, no education is ever wasted....except maybe algebra and geometry (LOL).

I think head hunger is one of the toughest things to figure out....one day it's one thing that you're craving and a week later it's something else. Congrats on being able to get yourself past it! I sometimes find that a diet Snapple can curb my cravings.....but other times I really need to eat something.....a cheese stick seems to help and usually I can't finish more than half of it before my stomach tells me to quit.....but at least I haven't done the damage that a bag of chips would have. Funny, but a month ago I was really....really craving chips....I gave in and had a few and that satisfied me....and I just realized that I haven't thought about chips again in all this time. Okay...so this could be a good thing.

Anyhow, congrats on powering through! For me, for now, I do best with dense protein for 2 meals a day and the third (usually dinner), I add a small salad (very small) and perhaps a few spoonsful of mashed taters....satisfies my cravings and doesn't actually cause a stall....and strangely enough it's ending up pretty much like the chips situation. I had some salad last night but haven't had any potatoes since last week.

Life it good with the sleeve!!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Queen_Q89
on 9/28/16 8:12 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

Can I drink diet snapple and still lose weight?

Anita
on 9/28/16 8:35 pm

I do......I also like a drink called Bai. They have 5 calories per serving but they are delish! Sometimes hard to find, but worth it if you can get them.....at least I think so. I have to be careful with Diet Snapple because if I have too much, it gives me a bit of reflux the next day, so I keep it to one small bottle (I think they are 18oz). The other thing I do is carry several of those single serving pouches of Crystal Light in my wallet so that if I get bored with plain water, I can just dump a packet into a 16 oz bottle of water. Gives me a change of flavors while maintaining my fluid intake needs and no calories.

Queen_Q89
on 9/28/16 8:39 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

Ive seen those bai drinks! I'm going to pick up a few. I wanted crystal light packets but I couldn't find them in walmart for some reason. I can tolerate any beverage as long as its ice cold. Ive been drinking water and unsweetened green tea and im starting to get bored. Also water makes me nauseous after a few sips.

Anita
on 9/28/16 8:45 pm

my favorites of the Bai are Blueberry, Clementine, Mango and both the Mango and Red Raspberry Teas. The Peach,  Pomegranite and Dragonfruit are pretty good, the Tanzania Tea is decent, and I've never tried the Coconut because I'm allergic.   I don't like the pear (very blah), Watermelon (watery) or Lemon (yucky). For the Crystal Lite packets, try Target if you have one nearby. I got mine at BJs Wholesale Cllub. I try to look for sales on them because they can be pricey.....but if it helps me get in my fluids, I feel it's worth it.

happyteacher
on 9/29/16 3:41 am

I do all the time (Snapple). What might occur is feeding that sweet tooth and cravings. My nutritionist aptly pointed out years ago that you condiition the taste buds to need super sweetened food when you sip on stuff like that all day. I didn't believe her until about 6 weeks post op. I had gone that period of time with nothing sweet (surgery made it nasty for a bit) and was shocked at what a piece of fruit tasted like. It might, in other words, subtly cause cravings. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Anita
on 9/29/16 6:25 am

I'm not quite four months out and my taste buds are still a little strange. Whereas I primarily drink water (I aim to have plain water for at least 40 to 50 oz daily), I need a change at some point because the water just doesn't taste right. I limit my intake of either Diet Snapple (which lately is indeed tasting too sweet) to no more than one small bottle daily. The Bai drinks do not seem to taste as sweet, but I still try to limit those as well.

Fortunately for me, I've always been a big water drinker, so the 64+ oz daily is not problematic....I just have to do it a little slower these days. No more gulping down a big glass of ice water all at once.

Gwen M.
on 9/29/16 7:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I completely agree about the sweet drinks can lead to craving sweet things.  Something that works for me is to drink crystal light at half strength.  This gives me flavor, but not a lot of the sweet.  (Of course, my shakes taste SUPER sweet.)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

happyteacher
on 9/29/16 3:38 am

Without geometry life would be pointless 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active