Sleeve - Twh

Jaype83
on 10/19/16 4:14 am

Hello

Im new here. Starting my WLS journey at Twh.

Gone through almoat all appt just waiting dor psyc. Really concernes about RYN...i prefer the sleeve but I was told that we cant choose. 

Could you guys that had or will have sleeve help me out??

Im just looking to know if I will be able to do the sleeve. 

What are the specific recommendations for the sleeve??

Thanks

White Dove
on 10/19/16 4:45 am - Warren, OH

People sometimes are approved for the sleeve.  Talk to your surgeon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Jaype83
on 10/19/16 6:15 am, edited 10/19/16 1:15 am

Will do. 

I hope I get approved for  it. Thanks

Lodie
on 10/19/16 7:39 am
VSG on 10/15/14

With a BMI of 41 I don't see why you wouldn't be a candidate for the sleeve. Do you live in the states? There are plenty of good surgeons who do both. I would ask for specific reasons they want to do the RNY over the sleeve. If they don't seem valid enough for you then take your records and get a second opinion .  Be pro active for yourself! Best of luck moving forward.

HW=263  SW=253 CW=160 GW=140

Jaype83
on 10/19/16 8:14 am

Hi Lodie..

Thxx for the reply. I m in Canada and having surgery through toronto western. Apperantly they go for bybass because is the " gold standard". 

But I will ask talk to surgeon and see what they have to say. 

My major concern w bypass is the absorbtion of vitamins, minerals, depression meds that i must take and the fact that i got just one kidney... If I need to take antibiotics for an infection. Im afraid that it wont work.

HHopefully I get the sleeve.

Thanks again ?

emelar
on 10/19/16 8:35 am - TX

If you need to take NSAIDs for pain relief, that's sometimes a medical justification for the sleeve.  And I suspect that if you had a chronic bowel condition (IBS, Crohn's), that could be justification as well.

If you have GERD or reflux, the sleeve is generally contraindicated and RNY is the way to go.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/19/16 12:38 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

If you have severe GERD now, the sleeve is contraindicated.  

Don't be worried if they perform the RNY.  Either surgery will help you lose weight as long as you stay on plan.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views