No more surprises please.

jachristmas
on 10/21/16 6:06 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

So yesterday I had a pulmonary appointment..my surgeon just wanted to make sure that my occasional wheezing was under control and not going to complicate things in the OR. There was some confusion between doctors and the anesthesiologist and 30 mins became 3 hours as they debated on who needed what clearance and all of a sudden maybe adding a sleep study  Um, that was news to me since it was not on the checklist, so I called my surgeons office and the nurse straightened them out, whew. I ended up having a pulmonary function test today. But while I was on the phone with her she hit me with another surprise..seems my bloodwork came back and I tested positive for H. Pylori  Wasn't expecting that, but at least I found out so I can deal with it before my surgery is scheduled. Just thought I'd share my crazy 2 days with y'all. Tomorrow I will start all the meds they prescribed for the H. Pylori, hoping that goes well, so close to finally getting my date and I don't need anymore surprises, lol.

missc_26
on 10/22/16 3:50 am
VSG on 10/03/16

sending you positive vibes for no more surprises! 

Naomi S.
on 10/22/16 6:34 am - Southwest Metro, MN
VSG on 06/03/16

Doctors are in two very different camps regarding an H Pylori infection. I was diagnosed at the very beginning of my pre-surgical process and underwent two rounds of treatment. When it was time to schedule my surgery and finally meet my surgeon, I mentioned that I needed to be tested again to see if the infection was gone. He said that his office no longer tests or treats for H Pylori before surgery. The main reason why is because the infection, if present, is usually in the portion of the stomach that is removed, so the surgery takes care of the problem. I wish he had made that decision before I underwent TWO courses of treatment, because it was truly awful. 

Good luck to you. 

Naomi

Most Active