4 days post op

Emjaybutters
on 10/21/16 7:20 pm
VSG on 10/17/16

Hey everyone! 

I had my surgery in Brisbane Australia on tuesday afternoon and am feeling good. 

My water proofs stay on for 1 week, then the steri strips will fall off. managing much more water than I was imaging. keeping up with my protein fluids is much harder than I thought due to lack of hunger. 

I'm still sleeping with my head slightly evaluated and waking up feeling like iv been drinking the night before (the hangover stomach pain, even though sober for more than 3 yrs!) 

Now I'm just resting and walking laps around our unit complex. 

Walking has been the best for my breathing and middle back pain which I suspect is in place of the shoulder tip pain (haven't had any except in back and diaphragm)

I'm on fluids only for 2 weeks and already I'm so over fluids. putting fluids in means only fliuds out (sorry if TMI). no more shakes, so over shakes from preop. 

I think that's all I have to update everyone with, I'm happy with my decision and even if in my dream last night I ate a bunch of lollies I am very happy with how well I'm doing so far :) 

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 10/21/16 7:40 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Congrats on making it this far and it sounds you are right on track. I'm 5 weeks out from my surgery. Walking is the best thing you can do. It helps with the gas pain and the breathing. I know the fluids can be tough, but your closer to getting moved to the next phase, so just hang in there. Love Brisbane by the way. My ex is from there and I always loved it. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views