Small NSV

rissa1224
on 10/27/16 11:36 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

So, I am one of those who has gained 40-ish lbs since the lowest. Highest was 326, lowest was 180. Regain was to 222, current is 216 (BOOM).

Today it was hailing in Jersey. Because mother nature is a freak. So, it was time to rip out the 'tall boots for fat calves' again. Dreading this, I sucked it up. I bought new ones last year because they were on sale. Wide width wide calf, still have giant elephant style legs but, hey. Im not 326lbs anymore.

The tall boots fit. It was a TIGHT squeeze at first, but they fit and are comfy. (brought flats juuuust in case they explode open). They are the 'expandable flexible back' fabric type. Otherwise no boots fit these babies. My pointer fingers are wounded from the zipper pulling but, they fit. It happened with another pair I bought when I was smaller, I guess (hope?) the fabric just needed to stretch

Kathy S.
on 10/27/16 1:37 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "SMALL" NSV!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/27/16 2:15 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Go you!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/16 7:29 pm

that's awesome! I don't consider boot wearing a small NSV. It is a major fashion accomplishment! 

And as for your legs... I will take super strong, well muscled, built for strength, even "thick", but "elephant style", as tongue in cheek as it may have been meant,  is too demeaning. You are 110 pounds smaller than you used to be. There is NOTHING elephant style about you, I guarantee it! (And I don't even know you, and I know what I say to be true!) Of course, I tell you this on the day that I wrote on another board about my realization that I still identify as the "fatman". 

rissa1224
on 10/28/16 4:54 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

LOL, well thank you! I  could really use plastic surgery on my legs but, lovely insurance doesn't cover plastics - even after what we have all done to get healthy.

Most Active