Trick or treat

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/16 8:26 am

Stay on program, your treat will  be that you'll feel and look great. Eating candy and crap, don't fall for this trick, it will ruin all your hard work.

Kathy S.
on 10/31/16 9:38 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Here are some great articles to help you stay on track during this sugar challenge 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/?s=halloween

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Oneillch
on 10/31/16 11:06 am
VSG on 02/04/15

Last year I bought Halloween packs of Snyder's pretzels & have done so this year as well. I can deal with pretzels & this way there's no candy in the house to tempt me (lucky that my daughter's away at college) HAPPY HOLLOWEEN TO EVERYONE! ?

Anita
on 10/31/16 11:25 am

usually I go out on Halloween, but this year I've got too much to do at home.....so.......last night at the very last possible moment I purchased a bag of 70 pieces of candy.....left the bag in my car and took it inside a little while ago.....if there are not 70 Trick or Treaters by 8:30 (curfew here is 9), anyone else who shows up gets doubles or triples.....after that what ever is left goes to my neighbor's kids. I've been good and chocolate is a real issue for me, so I don't even want to look at it ......... that's "scarier" than the floating ghost (sheet) in the tree around the corner.

Stay strong everyone!!! 

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

wyo_sarah
on 10/31/16 11:41 am

Thankfully we live in the country so we don't get trick or treaters. I will take my kids trick or treating, but most of the candy they get are things I don't like. Here's to the cheap people who don't buy chocolate!

rhudson
on 10/31/16 2:21 pm - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

My husband and I both agreed whatever is left, we'd give away to friends and family.  

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

diane S.
on 10/31/16 4:26 pm

yep, i will take any excess to the senior center or the rescue mission.  D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Anita
on 10/31/16 10:57 pm

I did it!!!! Wow....the really interesting thing is that I didn't even want to eat any of the candy........holy smokes, this surgery apparently not only changed my stomach, but maybe having been off sweets for all this time, HOPEFULLY it has changed my attitude toward all those sugar laden packets. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue. In the meanwhile, I've packed up all the remaining candy in a bag (very tightly knotted bag so that I'd really have to work at opening it and therefore lose interest in it before actually getting to the poison inside) and am bringing it to my friend's shop tomorrow.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Most Active