Just Landed

Beth C.
on 1/14/17 3:45 pm
VSG on 01/19/17

hi! Flew over from a censored, coddle land to find a place to start my journey. 

I am 5 days away from my VSG. On day 10 of my pre-op diet, I have stuck to my 3 shakes with a snack after each of a popscicle and managed to not get fired, in a fight or divorced! However my oldest son did decide to move out LOL coincidence?? Probably not but he's 21 he needed to get out in the world.. So now I've lost his 120 pounds too!! 

I am 40 and a mom of three, in 2006 I weighed my highest at 325# I lost 125 and in 2010 after the birth of my 3rd I was at 185. Then had gallbladder removed, hysterectomy in 2014 and then saw weight creeping on and on. I hit 235 and couldn't get rid of it. Had thyroid test, hormone tests etc, living on chicken and veggies and not losingbecame to frustrating. 

Septemper 2016 was my first visit I weighed 243 (gained a lil to ensure my BMI was met for insurances demands) and now after all the hoops I am 229 and going into surgery next Thursday!!!! 

Do not coddle me just just support me and educate me 

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Rachel B.
on 1/14/17 3:56 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Well, I'm not a coddler.  And as I had my surgery, fell off the wagon, and am now back on.  My best recommendation would be to come here for the support, and keep on coming back as long as you want to keep it off.  It's kinda like AA. 

Welcome!  There's a lot of support here.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Beth C.
on 1/14/17 4:01 pm
VSG on 01/19/17

Thanks Rachel :)

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/17 4:48 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

WhenI was on my pre-op diet, I told Mrs. LittleBill just to get used to the fact that I was going to be grumpy, and that it was not personal.  She acknowledged that, and we got along fairly well.  She said I wasn't even that grumpy, although there were times where I was ready to start gnawing on my left arm.  The good news is, the pre-op diet was the hardest thing I had to do (so far) and I am three months past my surgery.  Good luck with it!

Beth C.
on 1/14/17 5:34 pm
VSG on 01/19/17

I think at times my better half is crankier than I am lol 

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/17 5:46 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Welcome to OH! The pre -op is challenging.  I still get crabby, my poor husband, bless his heart he is super understanding, thank God.  My head hunger sometimes rattles my cage but overall I am just so grateful that I was able to have the surgery.  I had a hysterectomy in 1999 and I too gained after that.  It was much harder to lose the weight in menopause.  

theAntiChick
on 1/14/17 10:24 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Oh, gosh, pre-op was torture, and I didn't even have that bad of a pre-op plan (I was allowed snacks and one meal a day with my shakes).  I didn't think I could get through, but I did, and after surgery has been a completely different life.

You're going to do great!

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/15/17 4:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

From a "dieting" standpoint, I think pre-op was the worst - I was SO hungry!  And I had a 6 month physician supervised weight loss period prior to that to meet insurance requirements.

BTW, I had to LOL over your 120 pound loss (son moving out).  My 25 year old son has been back home for a few months now looking for a job (it appears he has one starting in February).  It is definitely time for him to move back out on his own!  I just had PS and am kind of cranky - maybe that will help?? Not really, but the new job is located where he can only commute for a short time, so he should be moving out by March/April.

Welcome!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Beth C.
on 1/15/17 4:34 am
VSG on 01/19/17

Liz, I agree it's hard I had 3 mos supervised and I did two shakes a day with yogurts in between. I miss yogurt. And chicken dinners. But I am keeping my eyes on the prize. 

I did keep my morning coffee, I told my Nut I will fight the headaches in the hospital, take my food fine.. my coffee forget about it I'll die for sure. 

I think for my son I'm just worried, he gets his BS in may and has Law school he is supposed to attend, I have kept him inline as he is pretty naive and I am hoping with this new change and GF he has moved in with he doesn't slip off track. He's a good kid just book smart and not much commen sense.. but I know he won't gain it from me. He tells me don't coddle him, but I charge rent, assign chores and am in his business. I have a feeling two months from now reality may bite his butt that as tough as I am he had it easy. 

I did tell tell him his sister has drawn a blueprint of her new room so returning is not really an option unless he owns a sleeping bag. Lol 

Heaviest-325

Starting W-243

Surgery day-227

Readyjwc
on 1/15/17 6:52 am
VSG on 01/05/17

How did the PS go Liz? Cranky is understandable.

Maybe your son can take one of my daughters with him for companionship? lol. I have a dog and a couple cats that are getting on my nerves as well smirk. Winter...ughhh.

Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Most Active