Hi! I'm Makayla and I just got sleeved!

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/17 10:32 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

This is my first post on this site. I was looking around for a nice support community to chat with and this seemed to be active. I just had my surgery a few days ago and am mending. I'm still hoping this is the best choice I've ever made for myself, but my brain never lets me just be happy with something, I have to worry it to death. My biggest worry, will my wrists be very fat when I lose a lot of weight? I have seen some people with very heavy wrists still and some without. I don't think my wrists and arms are particularly massive as they are now, since most of my weight was in my stomach rather than my appendages. Anyway, I know that was a weird worry. 

I look forward to getting to know many of you!

Raymia
on 1/16/17 6:39 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Hello Congratulations on your surgery. I'm new to this group as well and waiting to be sleeved : ) 

Rachel B.
on 1/16/17 7:22 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Congrats on your sleeve, Makayla!  I don't think you'll have to worry about heavy wrists.  But if you do, it'll probably be quite unique!!!  LOL!  WELCOME!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

AMAZEBALLS
on 1/16/17 7:45 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Congrats on having your surgery! If your biggest worry is your wrists... then I think you will be fine! Welcome to the losers bench!

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

rachelp
on 1/16/17 8:25 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Welcome to the group! Coming from a fellow worrier...my ankles are not shrinking!!!! Hahaha. 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

KittyKarin
on 1/16/17 11:22 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi Makayla, welcome!  I hope you like the site and find some good support and info.  It's a great community to be a part of when you start this journey. 

I LOL'd when reading your post about your wrists.  Honestly,  you never know how the weight loss will happen with your body. Every single person is different and there isn't really a way to gauge how your body will look after losing a significant amount of weight.  I wish my body didn't look quite as "melted" as it does now when i'm naked but I LOVE my body because it has worked hard for me to lose 163 pounds and I put it through a lot.  If I had to choose my pre-surgery body vs. my current body, I would pick my current body every time.  I'm no bikini model but I can run, I can fit into all chairs, I can shop at most every store for clothes now and I feel comfortable in my own skin. A little bit of flabby skin or fat wrists are worth it to me. LOL 

Good luck on your journey! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

theAntiChick
on 1/17/17 8:50 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I can tell you I'm about 5 months out, and my MedicAlert bracelet is flopping around on my wrist, I'm going to have to take it in by about an inch.  Now, my cankles haven't changed any yet.  LOL.

From everything I've read/heard, everyone's body changes differently, and the changes keep happening for the first year to 18 months.  So go with the flow.  :)

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views