Surgery date in about 2 weeks

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 1/16/17 7:19 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

Hi all. Long time lurker here.   Ahhh!  It's finally almost here. I have surgery the first of February.

I've started my preop diet as of today and am hungry and cranky. 

I'm looking forward to beine in the losers bench soon. It's been do great read everyone's experiences.  

Did most of you feel a combination of terror and excitement and hopefulness before your surgery?

Thanks!

ddkVSG
on 1/16/17 8:23 pm
VSG on 12/27/16

Congrats on having a date!  I didn't feel any terror till the night before my surgery. Otherwise just excited for the new beginning!

HW 374 SW 339 CW 309GW 195 Surgery 12/27/16

KittyKarin
on 1/17/17 5:37 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Congrats!! This is such an exciting time right before surgery.  And yes, the pre-op diet sucks but after the first couple of days, you get used to it.  I spent time that I normally would have been eating reading up on the surgery and lurking here on OH. :-)  Just keep going and the date will be here before you know it.  I was so excited but really only got a little scared the day or two before. However, I was so busy wrapping things up at the house and work so I could focus on my surgery that I didn't have time to dwell on it.  Keep busy and you'll do great! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

rachelp
on 1/17/17 8:00 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I didn't feel terror but lots of other things. The day I went to the hospital I felt calm and at peace.

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

yvranx42
on 1/17/17 8:39 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Hey that's the date I'm having surgery too!

Terror and excitement about sums it up for me at this point too. I had a bad weekend with my diet, but I'm ready to get on track for the next two weeks before surgery and for the rest of my life.

All the best!

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 1/17/17 12:19 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

yvranx42,

Oooh! That's great I look forward to following both of our progress. Let's have a safe surgery and a healthy recovery.

:)

yvranx42
on 1/17/17 2:09 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

Yes for sure! What's your pre-op diet for these last couple of weeks?

I was only given general instructions to lose 10-20 lbs from my first consult, and then got directions to do clear liquids on the day before surgery (and nothing day of except an Ensure Clear no less than 3 hours from surgery). Curious about what other doctors are prescribing...

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 1/20/17 5:17 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

I am on two protein shakes a day and one 350 calorie meal in the evening.  The last two days are only liquid.  I feel pretty good so far!

heidikat72
on 1/17/17 11:43 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

Congrats on getting a date!

The first couple days of the preop diet can be brutal but it gets easier as you get past the carb detox.

And yep  - I had a moment of panic the day I got my date - suddenly it was REAL. I just kept reminding myself why I was doing this - took the time to make a list of all the reasons why and what I was looking forward to being able to do that I couldn't if I stayed obese. I kept that list and still refer to it when I'm having a bad moment.

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 1/17/17 12:20 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

Everyone,

Thank you so much everyone for your replies it's good to know that most of you had the mix of emotions that I have.  I really like the idea of a list of all the reasons I'm doing this that I can pull out every time I'm feeling extra scared or worried. It is really exciting to know that my life is going to change for the better shortly.

Most Active