First day to have more than protein drinks, so full after just soup

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/17 4:57 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I had about half a cup of tomato soup for breakfast (technically lunch time, but my sleeping schedule is different) I had about 1/2 cup which is what it said I could have and I've been full ever since. I can't even get much of the protein shake I need down, I just feel so bloated and full. I try to sip my protein drink when the fullness dies down, but two sips and I'm stuffed again :(

Highfunctioningfatman
on 1/19/17 5:58 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

When I was newly post op I drank a lot of soup broth. My local Safeway has hot soups. I would ladle the broth from their "chunky chicken noodle" a quart at a time. I would then put it into a travel coffee mug and look like your average everyday coffee freak just sipping away. 

Oneillch
on 1/19/17 7:00 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Try adding a scoop of an unflavored protein powder to your soup to boost your protein and keep on sipping. Good luck! It's an amazing journey.

Steph Meat Hag
on 1/20/17 8:15 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

This is really helpful.  I'd put some in my soups and up the protein this way.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

lisa6191
on 1/20/17 9:14 am
VSG on 04/11/16

This may not be that helpful to you right now since you are in a liquid phase and don't have a lot of choices, but I have found that soup really really fills me up, even now.  I tend to just avoid soup because it doesn't have enough protein for how full it makes me.  If you are going to have it, definitely add protein powder if you can. But you may find that soup is just not a great choice for you.  Good luck!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views