VSG surgery on 1/24, any tips or suggestions?

amanda787
on 1/19/17 5:35 pm
VSG on 01/24/17 with

Hi all,

I'm so excited to be getting closer and closer to my surgery date. However, I have to say that my pre op fully liquid diet has been difficult.  I've been extra sleepy and grumpy, and just wishing the days away.  I began on 1/10, so I'm more than halfway to my surgery date, but even these last few days feel like forever when your fiance is eating a pizza while you enjoy your jello and protein shake.  Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting through these last few days? Any encouragement is appreciated.  Thanks you! 

Amanda 

Amanda

VSG: 1/24/2017  || High Weight: 290, Surgery Weight: 276

MyFitnessPal: angarrison

sheri.calabrese
on 1/19/17 6:23 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

You have come this far, just hang in there!! Know that the liquid phase is MUCH different after surgery and the pizza eating won't bother you at least :) 

Notaboutperfect
on 1/19/17 8:49 pm
VSG on 11/08/16

Preop di liquid is the hardest part!!  You've got this though!  I made a "vision" board, listened to podcasts, read, basically whatever I could to stay focused. 

r.l.cerna
on 1/19/17 11:01 pm
VSG on 05/18/15

Hi!

I have (well, had) reflux and for my preop diet my surgeon said I could have a serving of fish for dinner as long as it wasn't the night before the surgery. I only did it once, when I was so hungry I was crying. So, I'm not saying to do that, but perhaps you could ask your dietician or surgeon if that's possible.

It does get better. After my surgery, I was preparing dinner for the four other family members (my parents, spouse, and child) within 10 days and I could have cared less about not eating. I'm quite sure it bothered my mother much more than it did me.

Hugs and cheers for you!

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/17 4:10 am
VSG on 10/11/16

This is probably the hard part. I was ready to eat my left arm, and I told Mrs. LittleBillJr to just ignore me, as I was going to be grumpy. The time will pass quickly enough though, and then things will start to look up dramatically as you start getting used to your new life. 

Good luck with it!

Lipsticklady
on 1/20/17 11:07 am
VSG on 05/14/13

Listerine breath strips.  Those things are SO nasty and strong, nothing tastes good after you have had one for a few hours at least.

ISO ... New "clique" members. You must be kind, warm, welcoming, honest, intelligent, and have a sense of humor. The words "shamed" or "victim" can not be in your regular vocabulary. Sarcasm is welcome (and wanted!), but cruelty is not. You must not be a coddler or a shamer. All members are free to classify themselves as vets, newbies, grasshoppers or anything else they desire.

I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, sunsets and taking off my bra as I pull in the driveway. If you are like minded, you are in!

And remember, we are ALL worthy of love, humor, and dignity.

I started a new group here for my old BP friends and any new friends who have a sense of humor. Link to join:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk

Most Active