Whatcha eating today? Friday, 1/20/2017

Gwen M.
on 1/20/17 3:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Another busy day here - my company arrived safely last night which means I was up entirely too late enjoying chats!  This morning everyone else is working from home, but I'm going out to my fitness classes since my body and brain need them.  Then, this afternoon, my bereavement group starts at the local hospice.  I'm not sure what I'm hoping to get from it, but I'm hopeful it will be useful (my dad died in April).  

1: protein shake
2: leftover meatballs
3: chili (sorry this is behind a paywall, my food blog is currently down, so I can't link to it there)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: pilates/yoga hybrid class, tai chi class, pilates class -- I ended up doing 7 miles yesterday for my run and I am so sore.  

How about you?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

cappy11448
on 1/20/17 5:48 am

Hi all,

I had friends over for dinner last night - I did great on dinner, but I had too much wine and nuts that were out on the table after dinner.  But back to plan today.

Breakfast - salmon

lunch - thai chicken with peanut sauce

dinner - enchilada casserole

snack - almonds

My grandkids are coming tomorrow for a sleep-over.  We always enjoy our time with them.  I plan lots of arts and crafts projects, and we have a movie night, and lots of time for play with the favorite old toys I saved from my childhood days.

grandchildren are the best remedy for the winter blues.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/17 5:52 am
VSG on 10/31/16

On my way to Chattanooga, weekend get away.  All my protein snacks are packed.  

B: Chia Seed, Caramel Protein Shake, Oatmeal - Recipe from someone on this site

L:  Protein Shake

D:  out to dinner (2nd time since surgery so hoping to shoot for seafood)

S:  jerky

Exercise:  walking

So sorry to hear about your dad, Gwen!  You are in my prayers.

Have a great weekend everyone. 

heidikat72
on 1/20/17 6:24 am - PA
VSG on 06/17/16

Gwen - I am so sorry about your loss. It is very tough to handle. I won't say "get over" because you never really "get over" it and I hated when people would make a comment to me about getting over it and moving on. My boyfriend passed away in April of 2013 followed by my dad in September 2013. Yeah, 2013 sucked. By the end of 2015 I had gained 110lbs - so you know how I dealt with my grief. But I will say it does help to be in the company of others who understand loss of a loved one. They can help you get to a point where you are able to go on living your life and enjoy it while still missing the person you lost.

B: hard boiled egg and 1 slice turkey bacon

L and D: the last of the ground turkey picadillo (1/3cup portion) with a tablespoon shredded cheese

S: 1/2oz pork rinds and 1T hummus, and probably coffee with an ounce of caramel premier protein shake

(for reference for any pre-ops or newly post-ops, i'm about 7 months post op)

liquid and vites on track

Exercise - still being too lazy and struggling with this one. MUST GET MY ASS IN THE GYM MORE FREQUENTLY!!!

sgg1002
on 1/20/17 6:37 am, edited 1/19/17 10:38 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Hi everyone!  Hope you all are planning on a fun, restful weekend!  I know I am.  Going to be good weather here on Saturday, so I need to get my rear in gear and walk all FOUR of my dogs for my exercise!  :) 

Breakfast : Premier Chocolate Shake/ 1/3 c. fresh blueberries

Lunch : 3 oz. 90% lean ground beef, 1 T. hummus, 1 oz pork rinds

Dinner : 3 oz salmon patty, 1/3 peas

Snack : 2% string cheese or sugar free jello cup, if needed. 

Only lost a pound this week.  :(  On average, what's a safe range of staying in carbs?  I've been hitting 20-40 grams daily and wondering if that, with combo of sodium might be slowing the losses? 

P.S. I hope the bereavement support group gives you some peace, Gwen.  I lost my mom nearly 10 years ago.  She was my best friend and I think about her every day.  I know that counseling really helped me the first year after she passed.  Take care and be gentle with yourself!

KittyKarin
on 1/20/17 6:53 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Good morning, all! Dreary day here in Charlotte, NC but at least it's not cold. 

Gwen, sorry to hear about your father; hope you enjoy the support group.  I wish I could find a WLS support group here.  I moved this summer from FL and I would love to find one here but no luck so far!

B: copious amounts of coffee with 1/2 & 1/2, hard-boiled egg and 2 oz of ham

L: the last of the leftover shredded mexican chicken meat on top of lettuce with cheese and salsa

Snack: String cheese and maybe some peanuts.... and probably another cup of coffee!!

D: Not sure yet. Hubby gets home tonight from traveling and I want to get my nails and eyebrows done today because tomorrow is my cousin's bridal shower. So will probably be something to-go or will make my husband cook. :-) 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Stacy_WLS
on 1/20/17 7:07 am

Enjoy the company.  my weekend is starting to look very buys -- but fun busy.  My 4 day week at work turned into a long one, so I'm excited ot wrap it up.  

B - fit frappe & coffee

L - meatballs

S - coffee & maybe a shake or bar

D - prob end of the stuffed mushrooms, but might take my kiddo out

S - cottage cheese & berries

E - crossfit - 5rm cleans & a killer amrap

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Rachel B.
on 1/20/17 7:29 am, edited 1/20/17 12:27 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I finally got my hair done yesterday.  It was horrible!  I am far too young to have grey hair!  Just like my paternal grand mother.  At least I don't cover it with stark blue/black!!!  Of course, I tease my 94 year old grammy and call her 'q-tip'.  So should I ever choose to stop coloring, I'll probably be silver. But I'm still too darned young!

I'm heading off to the gym.  then the plumbers come to take pictures of my pipes after that. 

LEG DAY!!!

AM: Coffee (90g 1%milk, 40g 5 sparrows SF white mocha, 55g SF Torani Peppermint Syrup) - I'm having a little before I go + ON white chocolate Protein

L: premier protein peanut butter bar

S: 60g rotisserie chicken breast & 60g quinoa

D: Premier protein dark chocolate bar

S: 4g maple bourbon churro filet mignon jerky

Water & Vites

Have a great day all!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

rissa1224
on 1/20/17 8:19 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Boy, having to tell family you are moving in with your significant other KNOWING they don't believe in a man and a woman living together before marriage is really freaking awful. (we are not engaged) That being said, still have not eaten my feelings! One day at a time.

B 3 sausage links

L beef barley soup, steamed broccoli with seasonings

S either nuts/grapes, or celery and peanut butter.

D not sure, its an 11 hour day and I am exhausted. I may have some leftover kielbasa and brown rice melody I mixed up the other day.

S if I make it up late enough after job2, whichever of the previous snack I didn't eat.

Liquids on track!

Readyjwc
on 1/20/17 2:29 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Hang tough rissa! It's not the end of the world to live together. I'd rather see my daughters be happy - whichever way they choose to go. A marriage certificate doesn't mean "forever". It just mean they can take 1/2 of everything you own.

If you're happy and sure of your decision - that's all that matters.

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Most Active