#PearShapedProblems

KittyKarin
on 2/3/17 6:38 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

I just wanted to share an NSV that I have and anyone else who is VERY pear shaped like me might be able to understand.  I'm sitting at my desk at work and I realized I'm sitting with my legs crossed and my legs are actually fitting together really well.  I couldn't even cross my legs until I lost around 100 pounds because my thighs and legs are so big. Even then, my top leg still stuck out so far.  Crossing my legs has always been an issue for me because of how I carry my weight. Have you ever seen those skinny girls with the skinny little legs that cross their legs at the knee and then put their top foot behind their other leg?  I hope i'm explaining that right but I have NEVER been able to do that and always been envious of those pretzel moves they do with their legs. LOL I still can't do that but now when I cross my legs, my top leg doesn't actually stick out anymore!  And the fact that I can cross my legs under my desk is huge for me!  Never noticed that until just now. 

Anybody else have Pear Shaped Problems?  Have a great day, sleevers! 

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/17 7:16 am, edited 2/3/17 1:58 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Yay, that is a huge NSV, Kitty!  Congratulations!  The pretzel move, how do they do it???!!!  Maybe some day.  I can cross my legs too.  Yahoo! I have an apple shape ... I did, now I look like I am wearing a permanent "inner tube."  

ddkVSG
on 2/3/17 9:20 am
VSG on 12/27/16

I'm a pear shape but I have the inner tube also!  Skinny (comparatively) legs, small top, big round hips/butt/belly.  But I can feel those s l o w l y shrinking finally. 

HW 374 SW 339 CW 309GW 195 Surgery 12/27/16

Oneillch
on 2/3/17 8:40 am
VSG on 02/04/15

A GREAT FEELING! I first realized I could cross my legs when on a beach vacation 3 months after surgery and (this may sound silly) am still in awe everytime I do so.

armygalbonnie
on 2/3/17 12:20 pm

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.  When I stand up I look pretty proportionate, but when I sit down, the thighs spread.  UGH!!  I can cross my legs now and I do it often.  Even once I lose all of my weight, I don't think I'll practice the pretzel move.  It might put me in traction!!  Congratulations on your NSV!!  I'm inspired by your success.

Readyjwc
on 2/3/17 1:57 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Woo hoo - Congrats! I haven't been able to fully cross my legs comfortable in a while. Totally awesome for you!

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

AggieMae
on 2/3/17 6:55 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

My pear shape is more evident as I lose weight. I'm down 45 poi ds, half way to my goal weight and my thighs are so loose and wrinkled that I have to wear a shaper so they don't giggle and bounce.

When I went to my pre op classes the RN said recommended waiting 2 years before having plastic surgery, but then I was also told that the average weight lose for someone my age was 80 pounds over a period of 18 months... I am starting to think LBL IN one year.. already negotiating with my husband. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views