Whatcha eating today? Wednesday, 2/15/2017

Gwen M.
on 2/15/17 4:43 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I ended up snacking, again, yesterday.  Today I need to work hard to pay attention to potential triggers and conquer them because this is not okay.  

I've got my first big anatomy exam for the term today - respiratory system!  I feel pretty comfortable with the material so I'm hoping that she won't test on the 10% I don't feel good about.  And in lab we'll be running and measuring chest diameters so I hope that my knee will be okay for that!  (I do have a therapeutic private pilates lesson scheduled for Friday, since my pilates instructor talked me into that.)  Other than the anatomy class stuff today, I'll spend the rest of my day working on homework for Statistics and an essay for Art.  Whee!  

1: protein shake
2: leftover pork (I get to eat at home today!)
3: slow cooker creamy horseradish chicken (this is basically chicken thighs + chicken broth + prepared horseradish.  LOW for 6 hours, stir in cream cheese at end.)  

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga, running in anatomy lab?

How about you?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

rissa1224
on 2/15/17 5:00 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Snacking is hard to avoid, and harder when you give in. I learned the hard way. . How does one fit in any type of exercise, with a schedule like mine? Really curious, I don't move much at my 2jobs. So that's 10-12 hours 5 days a week at 2 desk jobs. I cant quit 1 because its my career, and I need the money especially since I am moving in 2 weeks. I am so overly tired where if I set my alarm for before 6am to attempt a workout, I just cant get up. But, I really need to fix this. Once I get into a groove I know it will be easier. At my new place, we have a gym - the pool is known to be included in our rent, but I have to ask about that gym.

B shake in coffee

trying not to snack, if need be, string cheese

L leftover Mexican, ground beef, cheese, I put lite sour cream on and added veggies

S if needed, yogurt

D I guess 2 cold cut roll ups I made with whatever was left over, salami and bologna. and a string cheese. I work late tonight and was too tired to meal prep well last night, or wake up early enough to meal prep.

S if needed celery with Alouette dip

Liquids on track - what are some other things to drink? I know its so dumb to ask, but I have tolerated G2 but the carbs are just not necessary. If I drink too much plain water - I get heartburn, literally. I have used the individual serving Crystal Lite, but I don't believe that's really on plan to have, at least consistently. I feel that once the move is over with, I can REALLY get back to this lifestyle, but it doesn't meant I cant do it now too.

Gwen M.
on 2/15/17 5:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Why do you think Crystal Light isn't on plan?  My go to drink is crystal light power + G2 powder.  I mix equal parts of both at half strength.  

Maybe get an under the desk elliptical for work?  Park farther away, walk around the building on your lunch breaks, exercise on the weekend and just focus on moving more during the work days.  

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

rissa1224
on 2/15/17 5:09 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

My NUT from the beginning told me the only Crystal Lite that was acceptable was the "pure". I found it in lemonade but gave me heartburn. So, I guess I shouldn't assume the regular is off plan? That's comforting because I have been avoiding it, but I enjoy it. I also Use half a packet at a time. I love G2. The 32oz bottles are 8 carbs, but the bottle is 2.5 servings. I just thought that was also a lot to be consuming, along with foods. I didn't count my liquids, nutrition wise, but I need to. Perhaps the powder will be better? Also easier to carry around than 2 of these 32oz bottles.

I definitely park further away! Even in the cold. I should start walking around the building. Sadly, I eat my lunch when working, but we are entitled to 30 minutes paid.

Gosh, I really am making excuses for things. I know I am tired, physically, but I also don't get the best sleep. Not always. Weekends right now are for packing, and working when I can. I need to just shut up and get moving.

Gwen M.
on 2/15/17 5:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I can't see why regular Crystal Light would be off plan?  That's weird.  I have issues with the sweeteners in some drinks too - I tried a powder thing with monkfruit extract and it gave me horrible acid issues.  

I use the G2 powder since I find the pre-mixed stuff to be too sweet.  With the powder, I can mix it to my own liking and that works better for me.  And the electrolytes help with my orthostatic hypertension issues!

Maybe instead of working through your lunch, use that time to walk around - inside or outside?  Getting exercise might help you to sleep better too.   

rissa1224
on 2/15/17 5:20 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I will have to get me some G2 powder. I don't mind the drink from the bottle, but I have gotten used to that sweetness. Which I can dumb down, and would rather because I can get more in by making my own. Glad those electrolytes help with that for you!

I will definitely try the walking thing. I will suck it up in the cold, but lately its been getting slightly warmer each day/week. My coworker had VSG a year after I did, maybe we can do it together. She also struggles, but hers is mostly grazing and going back to her old snack habits. We both struggle with the mind.

Thanks for this!

Gwen M.
on 2/15/17 5:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I don't know what kind of building you work in, but if it has multiple floors you can walk up and down them during your 30 minutes.  It doesn't have to be outside :)  Having company would be great!  

And look into under desk ellipticals - that might work well for you 

rissa1224
on 2/15/17 5:42 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

It's 1 floor, and not huge. But long hallways, and quiet ones. I can so do that inside if its too cold. Luckily, my future development is beautiful. I drove through it recently and so many people were walking their dogs, or just walking. I will have to take GPS with me  to find my way back to the house but I cant wait. It's a beautiful, quiet area too. Plus the summer I have the pool. I really want to find out about that gym, its free!

I will look for that, I don't know if I can afford it, but my life is about budgeting. My owners wont pay for it because they're extremely cheap. Like, the arm of my chair has a hole in it, and they wont replace it. I don't care, but they commented it was 'broken'. So, they wont buy one of these. We also asked for standing desks, that was a bust.

paulag52
on 2/15/17 7:31 pm

I love the diet G2 and keep adding water. It gets it all in

Rachel B.
on 2/15/17 5:49 am, edited 2/15/17 12:19 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Yesterday was a good food day!  Daily Totals: Calories-908, Fat-19.6g, Fiber-8.5g, Carbs-74.2g, Sodium-1378.9mg, Protein-110.9g, Water-82 fl oz

Unfortunately, I also got a notice that my medical insurance was cancelled due to a missed payment.  D'OH! bye-bye COBRA.  So if anyone knows anything about that kind of crap...  

NSV- I didn't get on the scale today.  I've decided I will weigh on Monday and Friday.  I PRAY it is more motivating.   OH!  And today was arm day.  OUCH!  

AM/B: Coffee with SF white mocha and SF peppermint, and ON white chocolate protein once slightly cooled

L: turkey breast and quinoa

S: premier protein

D: chicken breast and quinoa  

S: French Vanilla Creme protein bar

Water & Vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active