5 years out and premature emptying? - Need Advice

Rouxful
on 3/14/17 11:46 pm

I'm starting a new thread, since I think I've pinned my problem down a bit more since a week ago. Initially, I was wondering if I had a food allergy, but got tested and don't have any of significant concern. About two years ago, I started eating a lot of carbs due to a big uptick in eating out and starting a relationship with a vegetarian. It was fun, but pretty soon I was overeating and put on Rx Zantac 150 to control the subsequent reflux and was popping Pepsid Complete like candy to boot. Here's a tip for you beginners: Don't.

In any case, I got things back under control and quit the meds and things started to improve, but these days it seems like almost anything I eat goes right through me and I get this weird whole body inflammation: Brain fog, itchy skin almost to breaking out, and bloating/gas. Does anyone know if this is dumping or something different? I've had a couple episodes over the years where I thought I had dumping syndrome, like getting a cold sweat, dizzyness, and an insane, desperate hunger. But this isn't like that at all.

In either case, I am trying to get more strict about cutting the carbs back out but I just feel like I don't even have a working pylorus anymore. It's really, fricking annoying. I sent an email to my GI and I'm going to an appt with my PCP tomorrow to talk about it, but I would love to hear from you experienced sleevers what I might be dealing with. Thanks, all

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

Gwen M.
on 3/15/17 4:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your experience sounds similar to how I felt before I knew I had fructose malabsorption. I recommend doing a very strict elimination diet and trying to figure out what your triggers are.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rouxful
on 3/15/17 11:49 pm
On March 15, 2017 at 11:48 AM Pacific Time, Gwen M. wrote:

Your experience sounds similar to how I felt before I knew I had fructose malabsorption. I recommend doing a very strict elimination diet and trying to figure out what your triggers are.

I had read about FODMAPs and for a while I was slamming a lot of dried fruit because I needed rougage and fiber, but it just made me bloated and miserable.

At this point I think I am having issues with blood sugar and need to figure out how to go from there. I get a major crash in the later afternoon about 2-3 hours after lunch. I am worried that my year+ of high carb, lassez-faire eating might have made me diabetic or insulin resistant. My doctor seems to not be worried, but I haven't discussed this specific possibility with him. In the meantime, I'm seeing a new NUT (insurance change) soon and will also call Hospital Angeles to see if they can help shed some light on this. Does anyone else use Glucose tablets to manage blood sugar swings? Thanks all!

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

Most Active