Currently on a road trip and it is miserable

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/17 4:33 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I never considered this would be an issue. I am on a road trip with my grandma to finish up some funeral and burial stuff for my grandfather. I feel like I need to eat everything infront of me. I know it's head hunger but jeeze is it awful. I have consumed 100 more calories than what I normally do and I can feel it. Extra gym time for me tomorrow! At least my food choices weren't awful, I had packed cheese and deli meat and protein drinks.

Gwen M.
on 3/25/17 5:06 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sorry, grief will do wonky things for eating - ditto for travel. While it sounds like your trip is almost over, if you can control what's in front of you before you start eating, that might be your best bet. Box up leftovers as soon as you get your meal, etc.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 3/25/17 5:31 pm

Grandmas have a weird food hold over us too. I think of food when I think of mine. Hot dogs, Fritos, and sweet pickles. Frozen Snickers bars. Pot roast with spaetzle.

Is the this same grandma with the good cookies? Maybe you need work on making some new comforting non-food memories with her.

Kristi T.
on 3/26/17 10:09 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

When I think of my grandma, I think of canned salmon loaf and canned cherries over her sugar cookies...oh my!

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/17 10:27 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Yes it's the same grandma with the cookie! I think you're right, I need to make healthy food memories with her. I thankfully packed healthy snacks at least, still felt like I was chomping at the bit to eat them all!

Kristi T.
on 3/26/17 10:11 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm so sorry for your loss, a good time to take care of yourself.

diane S.
on 3/26/17 1:11 pm

So sorry for your loss and the corresponding issues. And people often bring over food like casseroles and fruit salad made with cool whip. You were right to bring your own protein options. Enjoy time with grandma and try not to stress. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

theAntiChick
on 3/27/17 8:21 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I'm dreading my first road trip post-op. I don't know how to do a road trip without caramel popcorn, sticky-sweet sugary candy, chips, and sodas. I know I'll figure it out, but for my entire life, that's been part of the experience. Kinda like movie theatres and popcorn and sodas. I've figured out movie theatres, I'll figure out road trips. But the first one I know will be rough. :)

Sorry about your grandfather. I'm sure the reason for the road trip doesn't help either.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Most Active