Surgery tomorrow

sharonak
on 3/27/17 8:05 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I am meeting with doctors today for more tests and pre/post surgery briefings. Guadalajara is beautiful and the hospital very clean. Are there things you should have asked the doctor and dietician that you didn't -- looking for advice on questions I should not forget!

Anita
on 3/27/17 9:56 am

First of all....best of everything tomorrow!!

They'll answer lots of questions before you can even ask them. Chances are you've already either read things here that should prepare you well, or those questions will come up in conversation.

Don't scare yourself when you first wake up and question whether you've done the right thing....I think most people feel that way.....you won't be the first and you won't be the last. It's the anesthesia talking and being annoying. In a day or so, you'll know you made the right decision, so just take nice deep breaths and get that stinky gas out of your system! Most of all, as soon as you are able to do so, walk and sip, walk and sip. The sooner you are able to get up and walk, the better.....but not before they tell you it's okay please!!!

For me, the first night was uncomfortable, mostly because of the lingering anesthesia - but I always have a hard time coming out of it. There was no major discomfort from the surgery, more just a soreness, which is certainly to be expected. Of course, the nurses kept coming in to check at the regular times (which kind of seems that it happens the second you have just fallen asleep, but really isn't).

For now, just sit back and relax as much as possible, go out and take in the sun, enjoy your surroundings and know that you're on the road to a healthier new you.

AND.....be sure to let us know when you are able to get back on line so that we can welcome you to the Loser's Bench.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

sharonak
on 3/27/17 3:24 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

Thank you for the insights. Looking forward to joining the loser's bench. Off to my endoscopy in 30 minutes.

Gwen M.
on 3/27/17 1:45 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'd ask things like "what do I do if I'm nauseated or in pain or have a sore throat?"

Good luck! Walk and sip as much as possible. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

sharonak
on 3/27/17 3:23 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

Thanks. They have addressed some, but I will ask more.

Most Active