Have you had a revision? If so, please take my poll :-)

Kathy S.
on 3/27/17 8:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Good Morning

I can't believe March is gone and spring and summer is around the corner.

Those that know me know I am very passionate about us, all we go through and how we live. Please take my poll and be honest. There is a personal reason I ask and will post later why and share.

This is for NON MEDICAL reason revision! Defined by a surgeon or doctor doing test/s and has confirmation there is a medical reason you have regained.

Did you have a revision?

How long after your first surgery date?

How much did you regain?

After the revision have you kept it off at least 3-5 years? (if it's not been that long let me know how long)

What if anything did you do differently the second time around?

Thank you, I appreciate your help

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Anita
on 3/27/17 9:45 am

Hi Kathy,

Did you have a revision? I revised from Lap-band to sleeve. June 6, 2016

How long after your first surgery date? Lap-band was done February 2006 and removed March 2016.

How much did you regain? I regained approximately half of what I had originally lost but part of that was from taking prednisone for almost 10 weeks.

After the revision have you kept it off at least 3-5 years? (if it's not been that long let me know how long). I'm still in the losing phase, so I cannot answer.

What if anything did you do differently the second time around? Got my head together, got serious, feel better and am going to the gym on a regular basis.

I hope this helps whatever research you're doing.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Kathy S.
on 3/27/17 9:48 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Anita,

Thank you! I have seen so many that had to have their band removed and get a revision. I consider this medically necessary. Kudos to you for getting it done and losing the weight again. My cousin is having issues with her band and needs to have a revision too.

Thank you,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Anita
on 3/27/17 10:03 am

My issues were not so much with the band, but with a hiatal hernia that was fixed when my sleeve was done. The band just wasn't working for me anymore in that I was eating around it (nothing is going to help with that issue other than a mental re-set - which I'm working on). The other issues I had were that certain foods were problematic, but only sometimes....very weird. I'm very happy that I revised and going to the gym has been wonderful for results - not so much in the weight part, but the body strength and losing inches. I'm now almost 10 pounds lower than my lowest band weight.....and feeling a whole lot better too

I hope all works out well for your cousin.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

mmsmom
on 3/27/17 11:10 am - Woburn, MA

Did you have a revision? Yes, band to sleeve

How long after your first surgery date: Band Nov 2007/Band removed Feb 2014/sleeve April 28, 2014

How much did you regain? I went from 233 to 160 (lowest) with the band, had to have it emptied due to choking at night, went up to about 210 - before sleeve

After revision kept it off - I am 3 years out and weigh about 133 now - my physician is happy with this weight. I have been as low as 120 - and am happiest at about 122-123.

Second time I was driven to get to goal before I started fiddling around with cheating/eating anything that would slow down the weight loss. After i was well established at goal, I played around.

That being said, I have been mindlessly eating way too much crap - and thus, up to 133. I would like to get back to 122-123 before the summer clothes as I have so many cute things to wear and want to feel good in them!

Good luck with your decision

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active