Planning for return to work

anscoste
on 3/30/17 6:13 am
VSG on 02/17/17 with

Hello everyone ! So I'm finally returning to work on Monday. I am now 6 weeks post op and was hoping to get some tips on how to plan for my new diet with work.

What are some food suggestions that you take with you too work ?

I am officially on a full diet. Just using caution as I eat but have had no problems with anything.

Thanks in advance. !

Gwen M.
on 3/30/17 6:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi :)

I recommend not taking anything to eat at work that you haven't already tried in the privacy of your own home, just in case!

For me, lunches are always leftovers from dinners. Do you have access to fridge and microwave? I suggest that you just package up leftovers for lunch - measure out the appropriate portion and only pack that.

That said.. you'll probably find that there are things you like eating for dinner that you don't like eating for lunch. That's what I've found at least. I tend to like lighter foods at lunch and heavier foods for dinner. But it's hard to describe what is "light" or "heavy" on any given day. Lots of times, these days, I've just be packing up ham and cheese deli slices for my lunches.

Take lots of water too - or a refillable bottle if you've go****er at work :)

I also suggest taking a protein bar and hiding it in a drawer, for emergency purposes.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 3/30/17 7:31 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I eat left overs for lunch, but I go home. I grill a bunch so I always have stuff... currently I have a big container of ground turkey cooked up and mixed with low sodium taco seasoning for my wife and me. Mix that with some greek yogurt, little salsa. Is yummy.

My snacks I have at work are those starkist or bumble bee tuna pouches that are flavored. I try to buy the lower cal ones (

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

robotfish1911
on 3/30/17 9:46 am
VSG on 11/10/16

I keep the fridge at work full of P3's (portable protein pack) and Babybel cheeses. No prep work, and I don't even have to think about it. My favorite P3's are the two seasoned chicken ones. One comes w/ peanuts and one comes w/ cashews. I tend not to eat the nuts, it's 5 cabs I can do without. It's convenient because they tend to only be about $1.50 each.

M/34/5'10"

HW 293 CW 180

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/30/17 12:28 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I cook things in my slow cooker, then weigh/portion it into small containers that I freeze. My favorites are pork chili verde, and buffalo chicken. I also keep cans of Genova Yellowfin Tuna in my office for emergencies. After you eat a better quality of tuna, the rest tastes like cat food.

I also have Dannon Fit and Light yogurt for my afternoon snack, and sticks of cheese.

I would second Gwen's advice to only bring foods that you have eaten in the privacy of your own home before you attempt them in public. Sometimes things don't agree with a newly created sleeve. Eggs, particularly scrambled eggs, are still problematic for me.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/31/17 5:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I bring my usual breakfast and lunch in little containers: eggbeaters and cottage cheese in small Pyrex type containers with snap-on plastic covers (so I can microwave them in the container). Tuna fish and cottage cheese in another small container. Then I add my planned snack in whatever makes sense (cheese sticks are always easy). I weigh/measure when setting them up. I have a lunch bag I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond that stays in the freezer all night, then I throw everything in in the morning. That eliminates the need to use the refrigerator at work (though I obviously need a microwave for the eggs).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active