JUST WANNA SAY HI!

purduebaby12
on 4/9/17 9:56 am, edited 4/9/17 10:05 am

Hey yall!!

I'm new so quick intro...I'm 32, engaged, LEO, full time doctoral student, best of all a full time mom!!!

I am so excited about my surgery.....!!! I submitted last week so now it's just a waiting game! It?s funny that everyone keeps saying "you don't need it, it's the easy way out, etc." my favorite is "you are so pretty, for a big girl" ughsdjfafjdfa I hate that! As if to say your cute so be happy! Whelp. yes I am cute (according to my mom and soon to be hubby!!!...lol) but I'm tired of living in this unhealthy body! People don't understand the struggle of being overweight. My biggest motivation is my 13 year old!!!!I see the same unhealthy eating habits I have in her.... she is 150 solid lbs and all of 4'9 and I know if we continue to live like this she will be in the same boat or bigger at my age!!! I want her to be healthy and fee of weight related issues and insecurities!! I guess because I'm "secure" in my self people are confused...but unlike many plus size women I own my weight I hold my head high but the moment I'm alone I am sad I want to run and hike and have the energy to just live!! Not to mention in my line of work there are people depending on me, every second counts!!!every pound I gain there are countless seconds being swindled away. I am soooo excited I can't wait to be healthier!!

So how long after submitting did it take to get approved? I have BCBS FED

Tips?

Things you wish you knew BEFORE you had surgery?

I really hope that you all will hold me accountable when/if you see me slipping I have stalked (not in a creepy way...well maybe a little...lol) this forum for a few months and I can wait to be were some of you are...I am so happy for everyone and look forward to all the knowledge and feed back you guys have!

purduebaby12
on 4/9/17 9:57 am
CC C.
on 4/9/17 10:15 am

Hello and welcome to you!

purduebaby12
on 4/9/17 10:24 am

HI!

Erin T.
on 4/9/17 5:43 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

Welcome! The process generally differs in length based on your insurance and Bari center requirements. I know you said you submitted, but I don't know if that means you've been working with a center already? For me from start to fini**** took about 4 months. I've heard of others waiting over a year, so there's no good way to say!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

purduebaby12
on 4/10/17 8:41 am

Hi and thanks! I have done all that was required per my insurance, and the BC has submitted my paper work she said it would take about two weeks too!!! I'm hoping sooner rather than later as I am bursting at the seams with excitement!

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/17 7:28 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

Welcome to the board! I have BCBS FL and my approval was within 2 weeks after submission. Note that is AFTER the 6 month diet/waiting period I had to go through. I had the same types of comments pre surgery. You just have to do what is right for you and tune the others out. One thing I wish I knew before surgery is the fact that you don't feel the restriction right away. It was kind of a surprise to me. Liquids and soft foods really went down easy and I kept thinking there was something wrong. Then finally I ate some chicken and understood what the restriction felt like. Good luck with your journey.

purduebaby12
on 4/10/17 8:44 am

Thanks! Okay two weeks is what I was told so I'm so excited!!

Winky7650
on 4/10/17 7:47 am
VSG on 04/17/17

I also have FEPBLUE, and my surgery was approved the same day it was submitted.

I called BCBS to verify that my file had been received, and they let me know that it was received that morning, and approved by mid-afternoon.

Good luck!

purduebaby12
on 4/10/17 8:45 am

WOW Thanks I'm gonna call and "see" if they got it...lol more like I'm gonna call and tell them hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views