Freezer Eating Challenge

Donna L.
on 4/26/17 5:56 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Dear Obesity Help, I have a confession to make: I am a freezer meat hoarder.

In honor of acknowledging my meat hoarding issue, I am going to do a May Freezer Challenge. I must eat and cook all the food in my home before buying more food. This is to 1) avoid waste and also because 2) I am a cheap person.

Hopefully I will not go utterly insane. I expect to also find some...esoteric...items, as I have not cleaned my pantry and freezer in a while. If I do not post updates, please send help, as I may be buried beneath an avalanche of sugar-free jello and cream soups from the liquids stage.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Dee R.
on 4/26/17 6:28 am - CA

Too funny Donna!! I, too, need to do this!! But, I'm scared of what I'll find!

Cathy H.
on 4/26/17 6:34 am, edited 4/25/17 11:34 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Donna, you have inspired me. I am going to join you in the Freezer Eating Challenge. I have so much meat in my freezer, there is no more room for anything else. I never used to cook for myself, and have avoided it when I can since surgery. I buy the stuff with good intentions, and then always manage to figure out a way to not cook.

So, I accept the challenge, and will endeavor to not buy any more meat until the freezer is empty. (I will have to buy some other things because I don't have much stocked up.)

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
-- Molière

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Donna L.
on 4/26/17 4:04 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

When I went to get meat to defrost to make my chili this morning, a pack of meat fell on my head. I consider this a sign to get off my butt and stop hoarding it, lol.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Cathy H.
on 4/26/17 5:35 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

OMG that's hysterical!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Notaboutperfect
on 4/26/17 7:10 am
VSG on 11/08/16

Awesome! I'm in! LOL

82much
on 4/26/17 7:10 am
VSG on 11/28/16

Very tough challenge! I too find it hard to throw out leftovers. When I cook it i usually too much, so in the freezer it goes in 1 cup servings for lunches. I really should just get rid of them, but I am cheap, er I mean frugal. :-) I did, just yesterday, finally threw out the few jars of babyfood I had gottenwhen I was on puree stage. Actually I was hungry for a snack and tried one. YUCK! No wonder baby's cry a lot :-)

psychoticparrot
on 4/26/17 7:11 am

You have come to the right place to confess, my child. From time to time I take on the role of Father psychoticparrot. As such, I hear confessions, and absolve the wrongdoers of their sins.

The sin of hoarding is grave indeed, but you are taking the right steps to correct the transgression. If the avalanche of jello and soup is too much to handle, remember that foods banks are always available and grateful for donations.

"Et ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis." Go in peace.

Father psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/26/17 7:52 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

haha love it! doing the same thing (kind of). I have a TON of tyson chicken strip things (grilled, not the breaded) that I bought extreme couponing shortly after surgery that I havent touched

Have a lot of stuff I need to eat my way through, and have been doing pretty well at so far... good luck! let us know if you find anything good!

I cooked up some garlic brats from my freezer last night for dinner! Had one for dinner, and have one with me at work for lunch today nom nom nom

I have a bunch of soft shell crabs I need to eat... shrimp... stuffed scallops... beef chuck roasts... frozen pulled pork/rib meat/brunswick stew/brisket... oh gosh.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

SkinnyBonz38
on 4/27/17 2:21 pm

Oh my word Chris how could you know I wake up in the middle of the night chewing for food. I often hear myself waking and saying nom nom nom, swallow and turn and fall back to sleep??!! Am I greedy even during sleep? Oh my word how can this be?? Am I really a greedy monster even during sleep!?

Oh and btw the way I am in on the challenge. I also have an emergency FEMA food supply in my cupbard that is labeled by year.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views