frustrated, but still doing ok

Anita
on 4/30/17 9:12 pm

I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this issue, but maybe someone can relate.....or help me to figure this out.

I've been going back and forth with the same 2 pounds for about 2 months (maybe a bit more), so effectively I haven't lost anything during this time, BUT, I've been going to the gym usually 3 or 4 times a week.....doing cardio and resistance stuff......my clothes fit better (WAY better) and the slacks that I bought in January, which were snug at the time are now baggy(fresh out of the washer and dryer too.....woo hoo!!!).

Any thoughts??? I'm not complaining.....just kind of wondering how I can get the scale to move in the right direction. I was kind of not good during the holidays......gained a pound, but lost that the first day back on track, but the up and down part lately is getting old.

Thanks in advance!!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

White Dove
on 4/30/17 10:49 pm - Warren, OH

I know it is somewhat different for me because I had RNY but the scale moved very little after the first eight months. I did lose 14 pounds in month 18, but that was with a lot of calorie cutting.

I had had almost no loss for ten months, but holding steady with no effort.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Anita
on 4/30/17 10:54 pm

Thanks......that makes some sense....I'm almost 11 months out and have done well, but I'm only 2/3 of the way to where I want to be......lost 66 so far and want to get to 100 or so.....I'd even be happy with 90.

All in all though, I'm very happy with my choice....feeling the best I've felt in years and all is good. I have an appointment with my surgeon in 3 weeks and the nutritionist at the same time......and will continue going to the gym and watching what I eat - eventually the scale will more in the right direction.

White Dove
on 5/1/17 2:00 am - Warren, OH

I do use a smart scale that measures weight, BMI, fat percentage, muscle mass, water percentage, and bone weight. Seeing the muscle go up and the fat go down can be so helpful.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Anita
on 5/1/17 7:37 am

LOL......it's on my list of things I need to purchase. My trainer uses some kind of device that does some of that and we're going to check it this month.

Thanks!

Cathy H.
on 4/30/17 11:14 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Sounds to me, with the weight staying the same but clothes fitting better, that you're losing fat and gaining muscle, so YAY for you!! Hopefully things will adjust and you'll start dropping weight again while still building that awesome muscle. You Go Girl!!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Anita
on 5/1/17 7:39 am

I just tell myself that some of those fat cells have become too friendly with my butt and thighs and haven't yet gotten the message that they are no longer welcome in this body.....hopefully soon they will get the message that they've overstayed their welcome and will move out.

Thanks!

Gwen M.
on 5/1/17 4:44 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you tracking what you eat? If not, definitely start tracking everything you put in your mouth to make sure your eating is really on track.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Anita
on 5/1/17 7:44 am

I'm tracking, but probably not as carefully as I should......thank you for your gentle kick in the butt.....I know I should, but life has been a *****aotic over the past few months (unfortunately not in a good way - having to visit too many friends in hospitals, etc) and I need to go back to those basics..... As always, you are the voice of reason and one of the best sources for keeping people informed and on the right path.

Thank you!!!

Gwen M.
on 5/2/17 7:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

All of that chaos definitely throws wrenches in our plans! Getting back to tracking will hopefully help.

I've been the same way - too much going on recently and that makes selfcare (whi*****ludes eating correctly) hard!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active