I need friends!!!!

Tkash31
on 5/24/17 6:40 am

Hello everybody anyone out there just getting the process of weightloss surgery started like me I need all of the support advice I can get.Maybe we can help each other.

White Dove
on 5/24/17 7:45 am - Warren, OH

Just post your questions and people will help. The more you learn the easier this will be for you.

There is plenty of information out here and people will answer your questions and share their experiences and knowledge with you. In return, we hope you will stay around and help others when you are experienced and they are getting started.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tkash31
on 5/24/17 7:55 am

Thank you

Gwen M.
on 5/24/17 8:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Ditto - people here are helpful. Post, participate, ask questions. You'll get to know people and make friends :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

cincywbbw
on 5/24/17 11:20 am
On May 24, 2017 at 1:40 PM Pacific Time, Tkash31 wrote:

Hello everybody anyone out there just getting the process of weightloss surgery started like me I need all of the support advice I can get.Maybe we can help each other.

Just getting started myself, Made the appointment today to see the surgeon for July 6th. I am at the very beginning. No classes no tests done just the initial appointment. I am from Florence Ky, about 20 minutes from Cincinnati. How about you?

Tkash31
on 5/24/17 1:28 pm, edited 5/24/17 10:34 am

Seems like were in the same boat.Im waiting for paper work from the bariatrics center gotta fill it out wait for a response and if all goes well I will schedule my first appointment.Im in the Tallahassee,Fl.area.

cincywbbw
on 5/24/17 5:46 pm

Thats great!! Congrats to the both of us, we can walk the journey together if you like.

Tkash31
on 6/28/17 4:30 pm, edited 6/28/17 9:33 am

Congrats to you so far I've had my labs and ekg done I complete my six months of medical supervised diet in October and my bariatrics appointment is in September.Just hang in there and complete the steps.

psychoticparrot
on 5/24/17 7:35 pm

Check the FAQ sections for loads of good information.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

cincywbbw
on 5/25/17 3:54 pm

Went to my PCP today, got the referral for the bariatric center..one step closer heh? He also informed me to keep a copy of all referral letters, appointment letters and document everything. The hoops we have to jump thru to make things right with insurance companies is incredible, but paperwork can get lost between them, the Dr, the Nuts, and everyone involved. So I promptly got a folder which I will take to each and every appointment..lol They aint gonna catch me slipping.

I dont know how I managed it but my A1C was down a couple points, it truly shocked me, but it looks like my starting weight will be 277.2 according to the Dr scale.

I have cut out my beloved Diet Coke, its been 3 weeks, and I am slowly upping my water intake. I never drank it, and up to about 40 oz a day..Baby steps..Right? 6 months to get myself ready and I am determined!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views