Motivation

LMTSC
on 5/26/17 5:59 am
VSG on 06/29/17

what's been your biggest motivation during this entire experience, before during and after?

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

reree6898
on 5/26/17 6:57 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Prior to surgery my biggest personal motivation was being able to be more active with my kids, I have three teenagers, and I didn't want to keep feeling like I was missing out or holding them back from doing things and being active. It was always very motivating to read success stories and see other people's before and after photos.

After surgery a huge motivation has been seeing the changes within myself. I made sure to take a before photo and progress photos every month so that I could see the changes that were happening. I always did a straight shot and a side shot in front of the same doorway in my house so that I would have perspective as to how my size was changing. Besides the outward changes the internal changes of feeling more energy and being able to be more active has really helped me a lot as well. I am very grateful that I did the photo's to see the changes, I do wish I had taken more measurements to monitor along the way but the only measurement I did was my waist which at one point was more then 60 inches and now is 34 inches.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

LMTSC
on 5/26/17 1:35 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

Congratulations on your success!

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

reree6898
on 5/26/17 1:40 pm - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

Thank you very much.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/17 1:03 pm, edited 5/26/17 6:13 am
VSG on 03/28/17

Oh, it's actually really good for me to make this list right now.

During (and after):

1. Setting a good example of healthy food choices and portions for my toddler
  2. Feeling satisfied with eating small amounts of high quality food
  3. Giving myself permission to take care of myself in ways that don't involve food
  4. Fitting into clothes and not worrying about being physically or socially or emotionally uncomfortable
  5. Helping my husband live a healthier lifestyle
  6. Feeling more comfortable and confident going on hikes and bike rides

For After (not there yet)

1. Buying nice clothes and knowing I can stay the same size year after year if I'm vigilant
  2. Finding my clothing style instead of wearing whatever fits or hides.
  3. Feeling more confident at work
  4. Living longer and free of chronic disease
  5. Feeling comfortable with international travel...not being the fat american abroad
  6. Feeling like my more authentic self.
LMTSC
on 5/26/17 1:33 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

Love your lists. With the exception of the husband thing, we share all the same goals. Especially the international travel goal. I think that is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

jachristmas
on 5/28/17 11:30 am
VSG on 12/14/16

I would say my biggest motivations have been my son and the death of my mom. Losing her so suddenly in a car accident really reminded me that life is not predictable and very precious. Of course I have no control of accidents, but I can do everything in my power to get healthy and get my life back and really be there and enjoy my son. I refuse to miss anymore field trips because I was too big to fit in the train seat. I refuse to see that look on my sons face when mommy couldn't fit on rides or run and play with him.. or the embarrassment I felt for him and me when I walked into his kindergarten class Christmas party and one of his classmates started taunting about how fat I was. My mom and I both wanted surgery, but she never got the chance.. but thanks to her I was able to have mine and I feel her cheering me on and celebrating every goal I achieve, and encouraging me to keep going on those dark days. I had surgery in December and I havent missed one school function, trip, or party. I can actually walk in some regular stores and find clothes to fit. I can actually get dressed and feel pretty. I am learning to love myself. I have struggles, but am finally putting myself first because I feel like I deserve it and am worth it.

LMTSC
on 5/28/17 11:33 am
VSG on 06/29/17

You are worth it and deserve the best!. Congratulations on your success

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

jachristmas
on 5/28/17 11:38 am
VSG on 12/14/16

thanks!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question