Fiber Capsules?

kc82
on 7/21/17 5:44 am - MI
VSG on 05/28/13

I'm 4 years & 2 months post-op and I need fiber. I don't get nearly enough in my diet and I need it to help with irregularity issues. (Doctor recommended).

Well... knowing little to nothing about fiber supplements (my Dr didn't give me much detail,) I went to the store to see what my options were. I settled on a store brand Fiber Capsule (comparable to Metamucil). I opted for the capsule because I cannot get myself to drink the stuff you have to put in water. I tried it years ago and it always made me gag. Yuck.

So I read the entire bottle and it does say to take the capsules with a full 8oz glass of water (or more) and by not doing so, you could risk choking. So, has anyone or does anyone here take the capsules? If so, do you take a lesser amount since our tummies are smaller and the fiber tends to swell in the belly?

Any thoughts on how I should be taking this, or taking it at all? I left a message this morning on my doctor's line, so just waiting to hear back, but thought I'd see if anyone else here had experience with this as well.

Thanks in advance!
- KC :)

"I have made the choices that work best for me. I know I cannot please everyone, and that's fine." - Marlee Matlin

Starting Weight: 311 lbs
Current Weight: 160 lbs
Height:
5'3"
Surgery Date:
5/28/13

reree6898
on 7/21/17 6:29 am - TN
VSG on 09/28/15

I have never done the capsules but I take the fiber gummies daily. I don't drink water after them and have no stomach or chocking issues.

Had VSG on 9/28/15

Lost 161 lbs since surgery, LOST 221 lbs overall so far!!

White Dove
on 7/21/17 8:33 am - Warren, OH

The only fiber capsule I will take is Citurcel. It is the only one that is not going to give me gas and bloating. The capsules are easy to swallow.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kristi T.
on 7/21/17 10:01 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I tried just about everything, including the fiber capsules. My PCP recommended taking Natural Calm, it has changed my life. You only need about 1/2 teaspoon, I put it in my cup of hot green tea daily. You can find it in any health food store or natural section of the grocery store. I haven't had a problem since nor have I had to increase the dose. Good luck!

jachristmas
on 7/21/17 6:37 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

I use the chewable fiber tablets.. Fiber Choice I think is the name.

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

Most Active