7 years out VSG- down 200 pounds

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/17 10:21 am

Hey everyone! I've finally decided to return to ObesityHelp.com to talk about my experience with the VSG! I originally found out about weight loss surgery, the VSG in particular, and found my surgeon through this website. I think it's only fair that I come back and share my experiences with all of you!

My name is Amber, I am 25 years old and currently live in Oregon. I had the VSG with Dr. Guillermo Alvarez on 6/11/2010. I was 18 years old and weighed 350 pounds. I had been overweight my entire life. I struggled with PCOS, Depression, Anxiety, and so much more with being considered Morbidly Obese. I have successfully lost 200 pounds, had some skin removal surgeries, maintained my weight, got married, got pregnant with my 1st child in 2014, and currently 7 months pregnant with our second.

HW: 350

LW: 149

-Skin removal on arms

-Tummy tuck

-Breast Augmentation

-Currently scheduled to have the skin on my inner thighs removed after baby #2 arrives!

I decided it was about time I share my experience with everyone, and started up a blog that goes into every detail of the journey going back to my childhood and what it was like growing up overweight and what led to my decision to have the VSG. I welcome all of you to check out my blog to learn more about me and my journey.

I write a post weekly about my experience, so feel free to subscribe so you are updated when I post a new one. Due to not being able to post my actual blog link into this post, I will be adding my blog posts onto my profile on this website.

I will be showing before and after photos of my plastic surgeries as well, and getting into all of the "hard" things people don't necessarily want to talk about when it comes to their journey.

I do also use other social media platforms to talk about my experiences and every day life being 7 years out. Feel free to track me down on there as well.

I've started to be open with my journey to help other people who are considering WLS, or for those who are currently on their journey. My 7 years of experience can surely provide some comfort, support, and motivation to everyone. I look forward to meeting you and learning more about your journey since we are all so unique! Feel free to message me any questions or if you'd like to connect!

I'm excited to be back on here and also excited to attend the convention in October!

Thank You!

Amber Waddell

Luvmygs
on 7/27/17 11:16 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Amber, I LOVE Dr. Alvarez. I watched all his Youtube videos prior to my surgery and he answered all my concerns and questions. I just saw his recent video and realized that he's gone Vegan! Congratulations on your WLS success and your wonderful changes in your life. I'll definitely check out your blog. Thank you for sharing your story.

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/17 9:28 pm

He is such an awesome guy and I can't wait to see him again face to face since losing all of my weight! Thank you and I hope you enjoy the blog!

Gwen M.
on 7/27/17 2:41 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats - I hope you stick around to share your experiences and knowledge!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/17 9:29 pm

Thank You! I will definitely be sticking around and sharing my knowledge with all of you!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/27/17 3:01 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

Hello from a fellow Oregonian! Congratulations on 7 years of continued success.

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/17 9:33 pm

Hey neighbor! Thank you so much!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/27/17 3:20 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I just read the first two sections of your blog. Unfortunately I don't have time to read more at the moment. I like it! Honest and open! Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/17 9:34 pm

Thank you for your kind words and support! Hope to have you as a continued reader! I always have you guys in mind when I am writing. I feel like it wouldn't be fair to sugar coat things.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 7/28/17 1:31 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

I just finished your blog. Quite the journey that you've had.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views